LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 240 users in the forums

Solomon Thomas, DT

Shop 49ers game tickets
When he was drafted, my hope was that he could be similar to Bryant Young, they are similar athletically. Solly just doesn't seem to have many moves.
Originally posted by IrishCrnjo:
When he was drafted, my hope was that he could be similar to Bryant Young, they are similar athletically. Solly just doesn't seem to have many moves.

Good call. I guess the motor wasn't the same.
2020 is a make or break season for him. If he can't perform in a contract year with all this help he has on this Dline, then there is no hope for him.
Originally posted by JTB1974:
2020 is a make or break season for him. If he can't perform in a contract year with all this help he has on this Dline, then there is no hope for him.

so was 2019
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
I heard he's been training with Bryant Young and Richard Dent this off-season.

LOL. On the real, Bryant Young is the one he should have been training with from day 1 with his patent last second pre snap sideways shift to explode through the gap and blow s**t up. True 3T.

He could train with John Randle and it probably still won't make a big difference.
If he somehow makes a turnaround this line would be even more devastating.
Originally posted by SFrush:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
I heard he's been training with Bryant Young and Richard Dent this off-season.

LOL. On the real, Bryant Young is the one he should have been training with from day 1 with his patent last second pre snap sideways shift to explode through the gap and blow s**t up. True 3T.

He could train with John Randle and it probably still won't make a big difference.

Very possibly esp. given how obsessed with size Saleh is too.
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
If you could have one player have a Jimmie Ward type breakout year, would you pick Solly or Pettis and why?

For me we need Pettis to produce more than Solly. Yes we lost Buck and Day, but have Kinlaw, DJ, Street and also Taylor inside. WR is the bigger unknown at this point. Pettis is way ahead of Hurd and Brandon A. in his knowledge of the offense also.

Well Pettis is also under contract beyond this season so having him break out not only means you're much better off at WR but you have control over the player beyond his breakout season which gives you more options.

If Solly broke out this year that would be great but odds of us keeping him to reap the rewards would be minuscule unless out of guilt he took a big discount deal to stay here.

Agreed. Having Pettis and Samuel + Kittle/running game would make this offense record setting. It was already an elite offense with the running game and Jimmy's quick release alone. Thomas breaking out would only net us a comp pick in 2022.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Ok ok...

How about Solo - Mostert - Spoon and a 3rd for Joey ??
Originally posted by 9moon:
Ok ok...

Lol......wait are you talking about Han?
[ Edited by illinois9er on Jul 9, 2020 at 5:09 AM ]

Originally posted by 9moon:
Ok ok...

If this Joey is Joey Bosa I'm all for it. But we have to extend him. I hate throwing away drat picks like we're the Rams or something.
Totally a make or break year for ST.

Zero trade value.

May be out of the NFL if he doesn't perform adequately.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

Zero trade value.

I thought that was last year?
Can we move him to safety?
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

Zero trade value.

I thought that was last year?

History repeating itself.
Share 49ersWebzone