LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 341 users in the forums

Solomon Thomas, DT

Shop 49ers game tickets
Thomas hasn't lived up to being a 1st round pick, but looking at our off season I would rather keep him and let AA leave if it meant signing Sanders, Ward and Blair. I like what AA did last year but those 4 would be more valuable to the team.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Scottie15:
You know this dude sucks when we're saying he's overpaid on a rookie contract. Tells you all you need to know. This dude CANNOT be relied on in any capacity and will most likely be out of the league or on a practice squad in a few years or less.

FWIW he's like the 16th highest paid 4-3 DE in football. It's not really chump change when you're the 3rd overall pick. He's also not gonna be out of the league in a few yrs or less. He's a rotational DE, he's not gonna get some big salary or anything that's for sure.

s**tty pick and that happens unfortunately

PPF ranks him in the 130's for DE
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Thomas hasn't lived up to being a 1st round pick, but looking at our off season I would rather keep him and let AA leave if it meant signing Sanders, Ward and Blair. I like what AA did last year but those 4 would be more valuable to the team.

There are other ways to get creative with the salary cap then letting a key player on our defense leave. Couldnt possibly disagree with your post more than I do.
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

dude isn't very good. He shouldn't ever be rushing from the outside.

See if Bill wants to use him.

Give me their late 3rd this yr and we can give them either one of our 5ths this yr or a 4th in 2021 plus Thomas.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
There are other ways to get creative with the salary cap then letting a key player on our defense leave. Couldnt possibly disagree with your post more than I do.

Everyone says we need to get creative but I keep hearing from reporters close to the team that it may come down to signing Arik and maybe one other guy or letting him go and signing all the others. First, AA needs to agree on a contract . If he doesn't like their offer and walks then we go to phase 2. I like what Arik did last year but I wonder if he will repeat that once he signs a new contract. If he leaves we should get a compensatory pick. Everything would need to work out perfectly to be able to keep all the key guys and have anything left over. It's easy for us to say they need to do this or that and keep these guys and Paraag is certainly good at it. I just don't like what I hear from some of the reporters around the team.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

dude isn't very good. He shouldn't ever be rushing from the outside.

See if Bill wants to use him.

Give me their late 3rd this yr and we can give them either one of our 5ths this yr or a 4th in 2021 plus Thomas.

I like it

Why not get rid of both?
^^^ oh my goodness, woo...
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on Feb 19, 2020 at 5:29 PM ]
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:

I think his point is that if we get rid of AA, which would suck, that shouldnt mean that we CANT get rid of Thomas too. A lot of people see him as plan B if AA leaves, which based on what we have seen on the field and (not) heard from the coaches, seems like an absurd idea.

Im with Woo. I dont want AA to leave. I want him back longterm. But IF he leaves, that shouldnt automatically mean Solomon is safe. He shouldnt be.
  • Kyzen

I think his point is that if we get rid of AA, which would suck, that shouldnt mean that we CANT get rid of Thomas too. A lot of people see him as plan B if AA leaves, which based on what we have seen on the field and (not) heard from the coaches, seems like an absurd idea.

Im with Woo. I dont want AA to leave. I want him back longterm. But IF he leaves, that shouldnt automatically mean Solomon is safe. He shouldnt be.

Agree.

Cosign

My point is that shedding Thomas and his salary would be a good idea regardless of AA's status. I'd love to keep AA.
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheWooLick:

My point is that shedding Thomas and his salary would be a good idea regardless of AA's status. I'd love to keep AA.

I would have thought shedding Thomas and Goodwin would have been part of the plan to keep AA by creating some more cap space.

Originally posted by TheWooLick:

Ok, as long as we keep AA, fine. I thot you meant other wise.
IMO, I think we'll trade him for maybe a 4th or 5th.

We seem to do well in those areas.

That savings will help to pay some of the money for AA and get another draft pick.
Share 49ersWebzone