There are 379 users in the forums

Solomon Thomas, DT

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SFrush:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
He's got the talent, just overly eager to prove himself with such limited snaps. You get better by playing, not reading books. I expect him to step up once we let AA walk (He'll be too expensive).

That's all of our hopes

Not mine. I'd rather bring Armstead back.

oh, now we need to move the goal posts and say. oh once aa walks. that is when he will step up. jesus christ
Originally posted by Scottie15:
I'm sorry, what has this bum proven in 3 years to justify taking AA's spot? 6 sacks in 3 years

Hot take with no context or perspective.

This isnt a hot take.
He's got the talent, just overly eager to prove himself with such limited snaps. You get better by playing, not reading books. I expect him to step up once we let AA walk (He'll be too expensive).

That's all of our hopes

I don't think that's in the cards man. Trust me that would be the dream but we have some huuuuuge contracts coming up that need to be considered.

There are plenty of ways to get creative with the cap. Dee Ford is a prime restructure candidate.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
I'm sorry, what has this bum proven in 3 years to justify taking AA's spot? 6 sacks in 3 years

This isnt a hot take.

Not a hot take at all. Nor does it lack perspective or context. The guy is trash, have you not been watching? He's a tweener, too small and weak to play inside, too stubby and not explosive enough to play outside. Can't disengage from blocks, isn't athletic.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Cut Thomas, arik walks to get paid, Cut Mckinnon, Goodwin,Pettis,Taylor,maybe even Hurd.

Why stop there? Let's just cut everyone and start over.

Not sure why you'd cut Hurd, he hasn't even had a chance. Taylor was a stud in the slot before he got hurt, why cut him?

I think Thomas had a decent game last night actually, he ate some double teams, collapsed the pocket a bit. He needs to improve, but I think this year we were able to see what he can do if he plays inside.

I still hope they find a way to resign Arik, though I know it's unlikely.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
He's not going to be on this roster come September. We can tune out this conversation now. It's over.
Solomon Thomas was picked 6-7 spots ahead of Mahomes.

I still find that shocking with all the expert scouts in the NFL.
Still rooting for Solly but it doesn't look good, and that offside penalty was the icing on the cake.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
False start penalty, and did absolutely nothing all game. I don't ever want to see this bum in a Niners uniform again.

What an a awful pick by Lynch.

I was shaking my head so hard at the offsides. This guy literally pointed at a player who was as still as a statue trying to claim he moved.

The center did move...refs didnt call it. Saw the same thing on the other side with KCs D jumping early and not getting called.
Originally posted by DaBeegDeek:

This isnt a hot take.

Not a hot take at all. Nor does it lack perspective or context. The guy is trash, have you not been watching? He's a tweener, too small and weak to play inside, too stubby and not explosive enough to play outside. Can't disengage from blocks, isn't athletic.

It's like some people don't watch the games SMH. Solomon has no value. He'll never be anywhere close to AA in terms of talent. Period.

• jcs
  • Veteran

That's all of our hopes

I don't think that's in the cards man. Trust me that would be the dream but we have some huuuuuge contracts coming up that need to be considered.

There are plenty of ways to get creative with the cap. Dee Ford is a prime restructure candidate.

Juice needs a new deal, Kittle is set to break the TE market. Defo is a more important resign, we need safety help with Ward set to be a FA. ESanders is probably staying with the draft capital we gave up and his production and we need Oline help. AA is good as gone.
Originally posted by jcs:
False start penalty, and did absolutely nothing all game. I don't ever want to see this bum in a Niners uniform again.

What an a awful pick by Lynch.

I was shaking my head so hard at the offsides. This guy literally pointed at a player who was as still as a statue trying to claim he moved.

The center did move...refs didnt call it. Saw the same thing on the other side with KCs D jumping early and not getting called.

He did not. They showed a close up replay. Their OL were a bunch of statues.
There were a few times where the pocket collapsed and Thomas should have cleaned up, but took some bad angles or stumbled instead, allowing Mahomes to escape.

BUST
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Feb 3, 2020 at 5:24 PM ]
Originally posted by cciowa:

That's all of our hopes

oh, now we need to move the goal posts and say. oh once aa walks. that is when he will step up. jesus christ

Dee Ford should've destroyed the theory that you need a lot of snaps to have an impact.

As for Thomas, fret not everyone. Next year is the last. It would be great if they could somehow restructure and lower that cap number..
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Dee Ford should've destroyed the theory that you need a lot of snaps to have an impact.

As for Thomas, fret not everyone. Next year is the last. It would be great if they could somehow restructure and lower that cap number..

At this point, I would opt for a $4.5M cap hit for him playing on another team than a $9M cap hit for him playing on ours next season. Seriously. We have other players where that money can go to that add far more value to this team than he does.
[ Edited by SteveWallacesHelmet on Feb 3, 2020 at 6:25 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone