Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by Furlow:
Originally posted by Scottie15:
Originally posted by JustWin2019:
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:
Show me this "RAVING" they were doing about Armstead and Ward in "practice." I recall no such thing. Certainly nothing more than they "RAVED" about Thomas.

Furthermore, as I have pointed out about 984398439834 times now, the 49ers only have 1 45 minute padded practice per week. You can't tell squat from that. Nobody earns anything from practice.

Not even in the past during the two-a-days era. Just ask Joe Montana about why Walsh had him backing up Steve DeBerg for most of the 1980 season.

https://ninerswire.usatoday.com/2016/08/04/eric-reid-on-arik-armstead-the-kids-a-monster/

https://ninerswire.usatoday.com/2016/08/01/arik-armstead-dishes-on-new-mindset-future-of-49ers-d-line/

" Armstead, 21, appeared to be playing freely in Monday's practice, when he was the best defender on the field for most of the day. He regularly found himself in the backfield while going against San Francisco's first-team offensive line.

He mostly played on the right side of the defense, lining up against the 49ers' most experienced blockers in Joe Staley and Zane Beadles. But they didn't prevent him from getting to running back Carlos Hyde for big losses.

Armstead forced a fumble on the first rep of full-team drills, jarring the ball loose from Hyde even though he's not allowed to hit the running back during training camp."

https://www.mysanantonio.com/49ers/article/49ers-Garnett-Armstead-first-rounders-in-12380067.php

" Meanwhile, Armstead has shown flashes of dominance in the past two training camps, but it hasn't translated to the field"

There were interviews from Staley as well, going off about how dominant AA is in practice . Then AA went on to disappoint us then get hurt that year.

I see one writer saying some really good things about him in those links. Here's media praise for Thomas:

https://www.fourthandnine.com/single-post/2019/08/22/Early-2019-reps-show-resurgence-of-49ers-DL-Solomon-Thomas

https://www.sacbee.com/sports/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/article233217521.html

And where's your boy today? Occupying space? Being a waste of a roster spot?

Dudes trash. Lock this thread until we trade this catastrophic bust.

Oh yeah, because Thomas is the problem with the defense right now...

He's definitely part of it. Dude's a scrub tweener weakling who can't do anything to impose himself on opposing offenses.

Where's SWH? This is a perfect example of someone NOT rooting for a Niners player.

I'm right here and trying to figure out how him stating his opinion demonstrates that he is rooting against Thomas. Just because he thinks he sucks and is a bust doesnt mean he wants him to fail.

On GAME DAY he comes in here to say "I told you so." And you think he's rooting for Thomas? Lol stop it. Defend yourself, fine. Your logic doesn't apply to everyone.

On game day? LMFAO. Isn't that the only thing that matters: how he plays on game day? Dude hasn't shown up. Period.

I'm not rooting for this dude to fail, but at this point, he needs to start showing up and making f**king plays, or he can gtfo this team.

Yes on game day. You preferred to come on here and say I told you so rather than root the guy on. I don't get it.

Fascinating discussion about ST going on here.

The Alex Smith thread virus has spread.

By "virus" do you mean rooting for players on your favorite team? Or are you just bringing up Alex Smith to attempt to troll?
  • Antix
  • Veteran
I mean he did get the only sack of the gamw. It was negated but Ima be positive and believe he gonna build off that.
I am quickly nearing the end of my patience for this guy. At least with AA you saw flashes. Thomas brings NOTHING, week in and week out. Every week I say to my wife "Woulda rather had Mahomes than Grundy" ...My wife calls him Grundy.... "Sure wish we had McCaffrey instead of Grundy" so on and so forth.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WINiner:
I am quickly nearing the end of my patience for this guy. At least with AA you saw flashes. Thomas brings NOTHING, week in and week out. Every week I say to my wife "Woulda rather had Mahomes than Grundy" ...My wife calls him Grundy.... "Sure wish we had McCaffrey instead of Grundy" so on and so forth.

Now? You have some kind of patience if you've waited this long.
Originally posted by okdkid:

This
I'm still waiting, as i waited on Arik...who came thru huge this yr. One thing i would suggest, is to keep pulling for him this yr as you don't know who is getting injured on the DL this week, or next or next. At end of yr, do what you will. But this yr, with the injury thing afffecting us just as it does every other team, we better all hope and pray ALL our DLs make it to yr's end. It has just been that kind of yr.
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on Dec 10, 2019 at 9:40 AM ]
Originally posted by Waterbear:
.be

I turned a lot of clips into gifs before the Ravens game just to realize tiny pic is not an option anymore and I don't know how to post self made gifs now so I went back and made a video, and I gotta say it was much more fun. Unfortunately I had a lot of things come up so I haven't had time to post much on here period, let alone go back and forth with Solomon's mother/part time psyhcic.

There's a lot to discuss, I unlocked peak trolling with myself, and I learned more about all Dline on the team with the rest of the DLine videos to come(considering Thomas is supposed to be comparable interior passrusher and the best run defender on the team). Let the "justwin" spin begin and a more in depth breakdown to follow.

...Oh, and I seriously apologize in advance.

• thl408
^^lol
also
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by okdkid:

This

Also this.
Wow, wb. LMAO

.be

I turned a lot of clips into gifs before the Ravens game just to realize tiny pic is not an option anymore and I don't know how to post self made gifs now so I went back and made a video, and I gotta say it was much more fun. Unfortunately I had a lot of things come up so I haven't had time to post much on here period, let alone go back and forth with Solomon's mother/part time psyhcic.

There's a lot to discuss, I unlocked peak trolling with myself, and I learned more about all Dline on the team with the rest of the DLine videos to come(considering Thomas is supposed to be comparable interior passrusher and the best run defender on the team). Let the "justwin" spin begin and a more in depth breakdown to follow.

Excellent work, my friend. Let the tape tell the story. Dude is god awful and literally brings NOTHING to this team. I don't even want him as depth as he just seems like a liability in the run game and offers no pressure in the passing game.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
.be

Excellent work, my friend. Let the tape tell the story. Dude is god awful and literally brings NOTHING to this team. I don't even want him as depth as he just seems like a liability in the run game and offers no pressure in the passing game.

He had the only sack in the game against the Saints (called back due to penalty) lol.
I'm literally only 10 seconds into the video but is that really a receiver completely stonewalling him on that run block???

Or let me guess, that was STs assignment. ST was defending the inside right? Letting the game flow to the edge? Right?

Edit: seems he's putting his own teammates on their asses more then he's ever done it to the Man in front of him.
[ Edited by Dsoto87 on Dec 10, 2019 at 12:55 PM ]
.be

He had the only sack in the game against the Saints (called back due to penalty) lol.

Yeah sucks really was rooting for that sack for Solly regardless he's underperformed time and time again. Sucks. He's also getting paid like $8M next yr.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:
.be

Yeah sucks really was rooting for that sack for Solly regardless he's underperformed time and time again. Sucks. He's also getting paid like $8M next yr.

He's definitely underperformed. Imagine if he was doing what DJ is doing, we'd all think it was a justified pick. I feel bad for him though, the coaches haven't helped him by asking him to do two totally different things, that require vastly different skillsets and body types/sizes. It's a credit to Thomas's versatility, but it's ended up hurting him because he's now not great at anything.
Share 49ersWebzone