LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 257 users in the forums

Solomon Thomas, DT

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:
The thing is, the fan base gave up on him. Me included . But the staff always knew he had potential. All those reports of him killing it in practice meant something.

I've never heard a single thing about solly killing it in practice . Which is a bummer.

There were all kinds of reports of him looking good in the off-season.

Also, the 49ers only run 1 45 minute padded practice per week. Nobody "kills it in practice" in the modern NFL.
Originally posted by JustWin2019:
Originally posted by Thanos89:
Thomas is the ultimate tweener, not explosive enough off the edge, not big and strong enough to play inside against double teams. On the inside one on one he can definitely make some plays, and has a non stop motor, not sure he ever turns into a stud.

Uh, no. Thomas is the furthest thing you will ever find from a tweener. He is the purest DT you will ever see. He is the best player on the team at taking on double teams and the strongest player on the roster.

I don't doubt Thomas has value inside, and I've sided with you on some things, but I find this to be a stretch. Even considering the difference in snap counts, I find Jones to be the superior player inside both against the run and pass right now.
Originally posted by Dsoto87:
You say that as if this isnt the norm.

It isn't the norm this year because the coaches, for the most part, finally stopped playing him out of position. He played very well in the snaps he was getting because he was getting them inside.

The Ford injury changed that.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
What happened? Your TradeThomastoNE username got banned?

Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Thomas is the ultimate tweener, not explosive enough off the edge, not big and strong enough to play inside against double teams. On the inside one on one he can definitely make some plays, and has a non stop motor, not sure he ever turns into a stud.

Uh, no. Thomas is the furthest thing you will ever find from a tweener. He is the purest DT you will ever see. He is the best player on the team at taking on double teams and the strongest player on the roster.

I don't doubt Thomas has value inside, and I've sided with you on some things, but I find this to be a stretch. Even considering the difference in snap counts, I find Jones to be the superior player inside both against the run and pass right now.

D.J.'s been great the last few weeks, but if you watch the Rams' opening series from the game against them this year, you can see when he wasn't playing so well.
Originally posted by RunFrankieRun21:
I will never forgive the front office for drafting Solomon Thomas over Deshaun Watson, ever.

Why? You would rather have a QB who is nowhere near as good as Jimmy?

This
I will never forgive the front office for drafting Solomon Thomas over Deshaun Watson, ever.

I'm sure the FO is distressed!
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

Why? You would rather have a QB who is nowhere near as good as Jimmy?

This

Let's not hate on Deshaun watson. dude can ball.
Dam every d lineman shined except one person. I wonder who that was

D.J.'s been great the last few weeks, but if you watch the Rams' opening series from the game against them this year, you can see when he wasn't playing so well.

To be fair, I think he got hurt in that series. But in any case, I feel like that might've been his only rough game of the year.

Originally posted by NYniner85:

Don't worry NY. I got this.

DJ was dominant last night.
Originally posted by Waterbear:

HA
Originally posted by Waterbear:

Looks to me like you're running away.
Share 49ersWebzone