There are 224 users in the forums

Solomon Thomas, DT

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by frenchmov:
arik armstead is exhibit A on why you shouldn't give up on a player too soon but at the same time ST has a lot of work to do

The thing is, the fan base gave up on him. Me included . But the staff always knew he had potential. All those reports of him killing it in practice meant something.

I've never heard a single thing about solly killing it in practice . Which is a bummer.
I will never forgive the front office for drafting Solomon Thomas over Deshaun Watson, ever.
arik armstead is exhibit A on why you shouldn't give up on a player too soon but at the same time ST has a lot of work to do

Armstead never lacked talent, he lacked durability.
Originally posted by RunFrankieRun21:
I will never forgive the front office for drafting Solomon Thomas over Deshaun Watson, ever.

at least they didn't draft turbisky!

at least they didn't draft turbisky!

I swear on all, this comment makes me feel good about Solly lol

Well, that is your problem. Most people get over things like this.
Originally posted by English:

10-1 is a pretty good reason to get over it lmao
[ Edited by GhostOfBaalke on Nov 24, 2019 at 9:53 PM ]

Yeah Ive been abused over the years, picks like Kwame Harris, Rashaun Woods, Kentwan Balmer give me nightmares until this day

Yeah Ive been abused over the years, picks like Kwame Harris, Rashaun Woods, Kentwan Balmer give me nightmares until this day

Don't forget about AJ Jenkins.....fkn baalke lol
Originally posted by JustWin2019:
Just for one example in this game, he literally hurdled a blocker on the backside of a play and ran full speed towards a back he had no chance of catching up to.

There were plays where he chased ball carriers down from 25+ yards back at Stanford.

If you want an example of him catching someone from way out this year, watch the opening drive of the Redskins game where Peterson hits Buckner's gap and bounces it outside, and Thomas, from the LDT spot, chases Peterson down all the way to the other sideline.

He played a bad game in this one because he played all but 2 or 3 of his snaps at DE. He seems to know now that he has no chance of beating an OT in pass rush and just focuses on bull rushing him...I guess to at least collapse the pocket a little and potentially help out his teammates to finish the job.
You say that as if this isnt the norm.

you meant pat mahomes
Originally posted by 49erminion:

you meant pat mahomes

Solly was the safe pick character wise as JLs classmate at school. He wanted to draft Foster early and ended up with him early. His plan almost worked.
Originally posted by Thanos89:
Thomas is the ultimate tweener, not explosive enough off the edge, not big and strong enough to play inside against double teams. On the inside one on one he can definitely make some plays, and has a non stop motor, not sure he ever turns into a stud.

Uh, no. Thomas is the furthest thing you will ever find from a tweener. He is the purest DT you will ever see. He is the best player on the team at taking on double teams and the strongest player on the roster.

Why? You would rather have a QB who is nowhere near as good as Jimmy?
Originally posted by JustWin2019:
Originally posted by Thanos89:
Thomas is the ultimate tweener, not explosive enough off the edge, not big and strong enough to play inside against double teams. On the inside one on one he can definitely make some plays, and has a non stop motor, not sure he ever turns into a stud.

Uh, no. Thomas is the furthest thing you will ever find from a tweener. He is the purest DT you will ever see. He is the best player on the team at taking on double teams and the strongest player on the roster.

Street is stronger than him for sure.
Share 49ersWebzone