LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 265 users in the forums

Solomon Thomas, DT

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Rocket4989:
Could he be traded today?

Highly doubt it. They would take on a good chunk of DM and imo they wouldn't get enough in return to justify that sunken cost.
Originally posted by synigod:
I really liked this play by ST. He shows a nice burst upfield, knocks the LT's hands away and good bend around the LT to get to the QB. He gets there just a tad late but still impressive.
https://twitter.com/BetterRivals/status/1188589662371119104?s=20

Solomon Thomas was improve well because he learned about Bosa and Ford for sack the quarterback!
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Rocket4989:
Could he be traded today?

Highly doubt it. They would take on a good chunk of DM and imo they wouldn't get enough in return to justify that sunken cost.

This. Plus this team has the best DL depth in the league and Solly is a part of that. Why weaken yourself as you chase a title?
Originally posted by illinois9er:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by illinois9er:
So you don't trust AB?

Wasn't he the same guy a month or so ago that was talking about AB using other places numbers and not doing the work himself?

Dude has a serious agenda. Comical at this point.

It's. Just. Weird.

Um, that wasnt me.
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
So there should be over $100 million of rolled over cap space to be spent over the next few years.

They have to spend 89% of all their cap space over a certain time frame (I think 4 seasons not positive). SF has always met that criteria. Cap space has nothing to do with the depth of the owners pockets. They have to spend that money regardless. SF has spent quite a bit of money the past couple yrs.

Paraag can retool contracts with restructures and extensions to get more space, a lot of that just pushes cash down the road though.

There's also a new CBA coming soon and that might change the landscape of the cap as well.
I didn't focus much on solly in this game but did notice on a few key plays, he was holding his ground taking doubles while Nick Bosa and others were allowed to get 1v1s
I really liked this play by ST. He shows a nice burst upfield, knocks the LT's hands away and good bend around the LT to get to the QB. He gets there just a tad late but still impressive.

The Bosa Effect is unreal. It's just unreal. Not only is this dude the best player on the team, but he's one of the best coaches on the team.
Originally posted by Heroism:

The Bosa Effect is unreal. It's just unreal. Not only is this dude the best player on the team, but he's one of the best coaches on the team.

Crazy right? All of our players are learning pass rush moves they've never used before and WINNING battles because the OL have no idea what move anyone is going to use next. It's insane.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Crazy right? All of our players are learning pass rush moves they've never used before and WINNING battles because the OL have no idea what move anyone is going to use next. It's insane.

It's just crazy. A few weeks back in LA, I pointed out AA using that move(Bosa's signature move: double swipe/side scissors) from edge. Now, here's Solly using it from edge. This effect this man has had on the Niners is insane.

[ Edited by Heroism on Oct 29, 2019 at 8:49 AM ]

Just gonna embed the tweet some people can just click on it

Winning with his hands

Originally posted by TheWooLick:
So there should be over $100 million of rolled over cap space to be spent over the next few years.

They have to spend 89% of all their cap space over a certain time frame (I think 4 seasons not positive). SF has always met that criteria. Cap space has nothing to do with the depth of the owners pockets. They have to spend that money regardless. SF has spent quite a bit of money the past couple yrs.

Paraag can retool contracts with restructures and extensions to get more space, a lot of that just pushes cash down the road though.

There's also a new CBA coming soon and that might change the landscape of the cap as well.

I'm confident Paarag will work his magic.

It's just crazy. A few weeks back in LA, I pointed out AA using that move(Bosa's signature move: double swipe/scissors) from edge. Now, here's Solly using it from edge. This effect this man has had on the Niners is insane.

And not a peep from the Bosa naysayers 🤫
  • dj43

It's just crazy. A few weeks back in LA, I pointed out AA using that move(Bosa's signature move: double swipe/side scissors) from edge. Now, here's Solly using it from edge. This effect this man has had on the Niners is insane.

this

Also, Kocurek deserves a lot of credit as well...and by extension, Kyle.

Kyle was smart enough to be patient long enough to learn what needed to be fixed and what did not. In the case of the DL, he (and Saleh) could see that Thomas and AA, and the rest of that DL crew, had the talent to succeed but were not getting the coaching they needed to bring it out. So rather than jettisoning some of those guys, he brought in a coach that put it all together.
Originally posted by dj43:
this

Also, Kocurek deserves a lot of credit as well...and by extension, Kyle.

Kyle was smart enough to be patient long enough to learn what needed to be fixed and what did not. In the case of the DL, he (and Saleh) could see that Thomas and AA, and the rest of that DL crew, had the talent to succeed but were not getting the coaching they needed to bring it out. So rather than jettisoning some of those guys, he brought in a coach that put it all together.

This. That Kocurek hire was one of the smartest moves of the offseason. His coaching has helped the players to improved and he helped our defense to evolve with his focus on the wide-9

This guy is like the Mahomes of edge rushers. Coming in as a rookie and teaching the vets, like when rookie Mahomes had to teach Alex how easy it is to throw deep to Tyreek Hill.

I'd say Bosa is even more technically sound at his position than Mahomes is.
Share 49ersWebzone