There are 171 users in the forums

Solomon Thomas, DT

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
They have been $20-$50 million under the cap every season for years.
That should all be piling up tp hundreds of millions of rollover space, unless Jed pocketed it.

He can't "pocket" it. The CBA mandates that almost all of it needs to be spent on a rolling average.
Originally posted by okdkid:
Originally posted by T-9ers:
Originally posted by valrod33:
He will take over Armsteads spot next year

Well, that sucks.

we aint paying Armstead. Gotta lock up Buckner and Kittle. Solly slides right into Armsteads spot

Hate to admit it but AA is outplaying DeFo right now.

Why "hate to admit it"? It's freaking awesome! He's the most complete DL in the entire NFL this year.

Seems like it. AA is grading better according to the pff but the play making difference is obvious. They are different positions and maybe DeFo is getting swallowed up by doubles though. I know this maybe controversial around here but shouldn't we be considering keeping AA and trading DeFo for a 1st since Solly can play DeFo's position better than Solly can play AA's position? If we can't keep them all , which is my preference.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Well, that sucks.

we aint paying Armstead. Gotta lock up Buckner and Kittle. Solly slides right into Armsteads spot

They can easily afford everybody.

no they cant

Yes they can

You got a real source? Im not buying that
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
People were callin AA a bust until last year. I wouldnt give up on Solly yet. Dude has been used out of position a lot since hes been here
The difference is AA at least had a good to great bull rush to fall back on while he was developing. Solly literally has no pass rush moves. He runs right into the offensive lineman, gets tied up and has no counter move to disengage. Solly using the hand swipe yesterday may have been the first time I actually saw him use some sort of pass rushing technique. Maybe he develops some go to pass rush moves eventually but I highly doubt it. He is a good run defender though, I'll give him that.
Look, I love me some Armstead but you guys are crazy if you think he is outplaying Buckner.
I really liked this play by ST. He shows a nice burst upfield, knocks the LT's hands away and good bend around the LT to get to the QB. He gets there just a tad late but still impressive.
https://twitter.com/BetterRivals/status/1188589662371119104?s=20
[ Edited by synigod on Oct 28, 2019 at 10:57 AM ]
  • okdkid
  • Veteran

Math. Math is the source.

Well, that sucks.

Why "hate to admit it"? It's freaking awesome! He's the most complete DL in the entire NFL this year.

Seems like it. AA is grading better according to the pff but the play making difference is obvious. They are different positions and maybe DeFo is getting swallowed up by doubles though. I know this maybe controversial around here but shouldn't we be considering keeping AA and trading DeFo for a 1st since Solly can play DeFo's position better than Solly can play AA's position? If we can't keep them all , which is my preference.

So trade the guy who has been consistently good for a guy who has only been good for 8 games so far? If you have to pick between Armstead and Buckner and you choose Armstead you need to have your head checked

Im not trusting the source of that math

Well, that sucks.

No way. We pay DeFo what he wants, we pay AA what he deserves (or at least franchise him if nothing else for next year), pay Bosa his worth when his time comes and we release Ford once his play starts to decline due to his age and chronic knee issues. As long as Ford, Bosa, AA and DeFo continue to produce at the level that they currently are, we keep them together.

• dj43

Well, that sucks.

no they cant

Yes they can

That "source" is the same as overthecap.com, a source used by a lot of writers following this team and others.

Well, that sucks.

So trade the guy who has been consistently good for a guy who has only been good for 8 games so far? If you have to pick between Armstead and Buckner and you choose Armstead you need to have your head checked

Nah, I'm just playing devil's advocate but we would be getting back a 1st round pick for def0.

Im not trusting the source of that math

So you don't trust AB?
Lol is it me or do we need a defensive line thread? Everyone seems to post here about the DL lately.
Originally posted by dj43:

Well, that sucks.

no they cant

Yes they can

That "source" is the same as overthecap.com, a source used by a lot of writers following this team and others.

Yes sir
Share 49ersWebzone