There are 166 users in the forums

Solomon Thomas, DT

Shop 49ers game tickets
D.J Jones injury will be a blessing in disguise for Solly.
Taylor and Solly should be able to replace AA next year but man that's such a tough decision for us with the way AA is balling.
Originally posted by Dsoto87:
They take him out when Peterson was gashing us on that first drive.

That was just standard personnel rotation with each series. It wasn't his gaps where Peterson was gashing anyhow.

Thomas had nothing to do with us getting gashed on that first drive. We got sloppy on some responsibilities. Those sloppy players were, in what I saw, DeFo, Kwon, Fred Warner and Tartt. Defor, Kwon and Warner's being the biggest runs given up on that drive.
Originally posted by jonnydel:

Thomas had nothing to do with us getting gashed on that first drive. We got sloppy on some responsibilities. Those sloppy players were, in what I saw, DeFo, Kwon, Fred Warner and Tartt. Defor, Kwon and Warner's being the biggest runs given up on that drive.

Since you do extensive film breakdown, would you say that Thomas had something to do with the fact that the Rams stopped running on us after the first drive last week?

Just curious, because Thomas got a ton of credit in this thread for that last week. And on the surface, it appeared that it was the exact opposite this week. So based on your film review, was Thomas the difference against the Rams? Or was it more of what you just said about the Redskins game, just with different players attached to the review?
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

Since you do extensive film breakdown, would you say that Thomas had something to do with the fact that the Rams stopped running on us after the first drive last week?

Just curious, because Thomas got a ton of credit in this thread for that last week. And on the surface, it appeared that it was the exact opposite this week. So based on your film review, was Thomas the difference against the Rams? Or was it more of what you just said about the Redskins game, just with different players attached to the review?

yes and no. Most of it was scheme vs the rams. In this game we started out doing what we did to stop the Rams running game after their first drive the previous week. Almost like we were expecting the Skins to do the same thing LA did on their first drive but the Skins didn't and it bit us a few times.

Solly played well, i thought. On one play him and Bosa absolutely handled the point of attack and AA got a tackle for loss.

To me, he's put together 2 very solid weeks. He's played better at the 1 tech than I thought he would considering he's not the biggest guy but was taking on double teams like a champ.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

yes and no. Most of it was scheme vs the rams. In this game we started out doing what we did to stop the Rams running game after their first drive the previous week. Almost like we were expecting the Skins to do the same thing LA did on their first drive but the Skins didn't and it bit us a few times.

Solly played well, i thought. On one play him and Bosa absolutely handled the point of attack and AA got a tackle for loss.

To me, he's put together 2 very solid weeks. He's played better at the 1 tech than I thought he would considering he's not the biggest guy but was taking on double teams like a champ.

Thank you for the response. I want Solomon Thomas to take the leap and prove why we drafted him where we drafted him. Unfortunately, in this thread it seems to have become a constant battle with his homer fans giving him credit for everything (warranted or not), and the lets dump Thomas fans giving him credit for nothing (warranted or not).....which is why I wanted you to explain what I asked you to. Thanks.
  • fip24
  • Veteran
If AA is resigned, I wouldn't be surprised to see Solly moves in the offseason
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
D.J Jones injury will be a blessing in disguise for Solly.

Truth!
  • thl408
That play where he got a personal foul called for hitting Keenum in the helmet, he owned Scherff on that rep.

Originally posted by NCommand:

Solly not getting tons of snaps isn't even a knock on him anymore, it's more just a credit to how incredible the other guys are. So excited for this group!
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Solly not getting tons of snaps isn't even a knock on him anymore, it's more just a credit to how incredible the other guys are. So excited for this group!

As long as he doesn't lose that hustle, he will be just fine with his role on the "2nd Wave".
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

As long as he doesn't lose that hustle, he will be just fine with his role on the "2nd Wave".

Yeah, he Blair and Jones were working too!
He will take over Armsteads spot next year
Share 49ersWebzone