Solomon Thomas, DT

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Played 11 snaps
3 snaps on rushes
8 on pass downs

One QB hurry

71.8 PFF score . 6th highest on defense

Shouldn't you have more snaps when you are the 3rd overall pick in the draft 2 years ago?

Not to mention not being injured
Originally posted by SlowDownBoy:
Shouldn't you have more snaps when you are the 3rd overall pick in the draft 2 years ago?

We shall see what happens I'm pulling for the kid
We shall see what happens I'm pulling for the kid

We all are.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by TradeThomasToNE:

Thomas only got 11 snaps and had 2 pressures (both from inside) and 3 tackles (NFL.com missed one where he was crashing vs. the run...he also had two tackles on screens), and people are still bashing him.
Just shows how unrealistic fans are.
I would really love to see Thomas's career ratio of inside pressures to inside snaps. It might be the highest in the league...which makes his misuse just criminally sad.

^Will wait for the reports/coaches film to come out, thanks. Forgive us if we dont believe your claim that nfl.com missed a stat for Thomas.

Yeah, because NFL.com's stats are so reliable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFRzxVMtjpg
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Played 11 snaps
3 snaps on rushes
8 on pass downs

One QB hurry

71.8 PFF score . 6th highest on defense

Wasn't aware players controlled how many snaps they play.
Some team is going to get him on the cheap and play him full time from the inside.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Sep 23, 2019 at 2:42 PM ]
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Some team is going to get him on the cheap and play him full time from the inside.

Yup. Imo he's looked way improved in his limited play, but it's admittedly limited.

Reality is we won't trade him unless the offer is too good and that's not happening lol. I assume he'll get more playing time as the season wears on. It's nice to have depth.

The players don't control it but the coaching staff definitely does.

And my general thinking is that when you're picked as high as he is he should be playing more than 12 or 13 snap the game.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by KittleSkittle:

Thomas making a good play from the interior.

Keep him rocking inside

This. Like how they were able to spell & rotate guys to keep them fresh all day long
Originally posted by tohara3:

Keep him rocking inside

This. Like how they were able to spell & rotate guys to keep them fresh all day long

It's great knowing that our 2nd team DL is better than other teams starting DL group. Great depth will take us a long way in the season keeping everyone fresh.

• dj43

Keep him rocking inside

Based on PFF ratings, when Thomas replaced AA the DL did not drop off at all. Both had near identical ratings against Pitts. Not bad.
  • thl408
Originally posted by dj43:

Keep him rocking inside

Based on PFF ratings, when Thomas replaced AA the DL did not drop off at all. Both had near identical ratings against Pitts. Not bad.

Good stuff. How many pff points did AA and Solly score in this game?
Quietly playing really good as a backup. Our D line rotation is ridiculous. 7-8 guys deep.

The players don't control it but the coaching staff definitely does.

And my general thinking is that when you're picked as high as he is he should be playing more than 12 or 13 snap the game.

Yes, you should be. The problem is, there's Buckner and then there's AA, both 1st round picks themselves. Because of the available talent, at best, he's going to get 20 snaps inside and Thomas is just going to have to eat off of that. This has been a solid season for him so far. Far better than 2018. I think as he plays more, we'll begin to see some of the disruption, game changing plays, etc.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Would be nice to keep Solomon as a backup - but, he'll probably look to get paid as a free agent. Would love it if he stayed with us.
Share 49ersWebzone