LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 274 users in the forums

Solomon Thomas, DT

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Just remember -- his 2020 release saves $4.5M on the cap. We don't need to trade him to get off his $9M.
At this point AA and our d line in general are playing so well that he should be a non discussion. We'll see ya next year if we can't extend AA.
Thomas only got 11 snaps and had 2 pressures (both from inside) and 3 tackles (NFL.com missed one where he was crashing vs. the run...he also had two tackles on screens), and people are still bashing him.

Just shows how unrealistic fans are.

I would really love to see Thomas's career ratio of inside pressures to inside snaps. It might be the highest in the league...which makes his misuse just criminally sad.
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Thomas had one really good rush today that I saw. He almost got to the QB with an inside move.

Other then that... It's pretty clear why me and others have said AA is the better player.

Is AA better saying a lot? AA had another vintage AA play where he beat his man, went for the sack, and fell on his face. Then in the 2nd qt, towards the end, Buckner had a nice move, looked like he was gonna beat his man, only for a AA to run into Buckner and screw it up lol.

AA is okay against the run, but thats basically all he does. There are dozens of backup DL in the Nfl, that do exactly what he does. Hopefully some dumb team gives him a nice contract and we get a nice comp pick.
[ Edited by TheGore49er on Sep 23, 2019 at 9:35 AM ]
Originally posted by TradeThomasToNE:

Thomas only got 11 snaps and had 2 pressures (both from inside) and 3 tackles (NFL.com missed one where he was crashing vs. the run...he also had two tackles on screens), and people are still bashing him.
Just shows how unrealistic fans are.
I would really love to see Thomas's career ratio of inside pressures to inside snaps. It might be the highest in the league...which makes his misuse just criminally sad.

^Will wait for the reports/coaches film to come out, thanks. Forgive us if we dont believe your claim that nfl.com missed a stat for Thomas.
[ Edited by SteveWallacesHelmet on Sep 23, 2019 at 9:38 AM ]
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Thomas had one really good rush today that I saw. He almost got to the QB with an inside move.

Other then that... It's pretty clear why me and others have said AA is the better player.

Is AA better saying a lot? AA had another vintage AA play where he beat his man, went for the sack, and fell on his face. Then in the 2nd qt, towards the end, Buckner had a nice move, looked like he was gonna beat his man, only for a AA to run into Buckner and screw it up lol.

AA is okay against the run, but thats basically all he does. There are dozens of backup DL in the Nfl, that do exactly what he does. Hopefully some dumb team gives him a nice contract and we get a nice comp pick.

I'm sorry that this is how you're interpreting what you saw. AA has been CONSISTENTLY dominant. I don't know what else to say. The sky is blue. The moon isn't cheese. And AA is one of the best DL in the NFL through three games.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by okdkid:
Originally posted by TheGore49er:

I'm sorry that this is how you're interpreting what you saw. AA has been CONSISTENTLY dominant. I don't know what else to say. The sky is blue. The moon isn't cheese. And AA is one of the best DL in the NFL through three games.

for years i have hated aa.... however kid while maybe not dominant or one of the best< old cc habits die hard!.... i must give him props.,. jimmy gets credit which is true for the win. but he made the play of the game. we have three elite guys on the line so all we needed was someone to rise up and be more than respectable. unlike thomas aa has done this and maybe a bit more. i am sorry... i can not says he is one of the best in the nfl..... however i get why you feel that and respect you for it!
In all seriousness, I really hope Thomas starts to show enough that the coaches feel comfortable playing him more. Buckner played like 90% of the snaps, and thats too much. He is going to get burnt out. If Thomas continues to be what he is, someone else needs to spell Defo.

Thomas making a good play from the interior.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
In all seriousness, I really hope Thomas starts to show enough that the coaches feel comfortable playing him more. Buckner played like 90% of the snaps, and thats too much. He is going to get burnt out. If Thomas continues to be what he is, someone else needs to spell Defo.

To be fair, they didn't play that many total snaps compared to an average NFL game. 47 I believe?

Originally posted by KittleSkittle:

Nice work . Using that quickness and strength inside. The difference between a great player and a decent player is if you can do that consistently. Hopefully he keeps improving
Played 11 snaps
3 snaps on rushes
8 on pass downs

One QB hurry

71.8 PFF score . 6th highest on defense

Yup this was the play I was talking about.

One of the best rushes I've seen Thomas have so far in his career. Might not look like much but he beat his man quick. Good stuff.
I really hope he keeps getting better every week.

Solid play yesterday.

Keep him rocking inside
Share 49ersWebzone