There are 214 users in the forums

Solomon Thomas 3rd Overall Pick 2017 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online ⇨
Originally posted by 49ers808:
We reportedly tested Solly on the trade market in the offseason, nobody wanted him

link?
Originally posted by NYniner85:
We reportedly tested Solly on the trade market in the offseason, nobody wanted him

link?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/vincentfrank/2019/04/25/49ers-looking-to-trade-2017-top-draft-pick-solomon-thomas/
https://247sports.com/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/Article/Solomon-Thomas-49ers-draft-trade-possibilities-131531843/

Had lots of steam during draft process until footsie daddy came to his rescue
https://247sports.com/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/Article/Solomon-Thomas-49ers-draft-trade-possibilities-131531843/

No I remember the "talk" I don't remember anyone reporting that it was legit and then no one wanted him though....

"It's not accurate. We usually don't respond to every one of these rumors that happens in today's world," Lynch said. "I had Solly up in my office today and we just talked exactly where he is. He's a big part of our team right now that we're extremely excited about moving forward with him. Kyle just mentioned, you put this puzzle together and we want to be a group that stays fresh, that can close out halves, can close out third downs, can close out games. I think our players last longer if there's a lot of them. I feel like we have quality players, and Solly's a big part of that. We're excited about Solly."
We should sell low, because this is the highest his value will get.

No I remember the "talk" I don't remember anyone reporting that it was legit and then no one wanted him though....

"It's not accurate. We usually don't respond to every one of these rumors that happens in today's world," Lynch said. "I had Solly up in my office today and we just talked exactly where he is. He's a big part of our team right now that we're extremely excited about moving forward with him. Kyle just mentioned, you put this puzzle together and we want to be a group that stays fresh, that can close out halves, can close out third downs, can close out games. I think our players last longer if there's a lot of them. I feel like we have quality players, and Solly's a big part of that. We're excited about Solly."

Come on NY, what is his Daddy Lynch supposed to say after the failed attempts. It had waaaaaaay too much steam at that time for it to be completely untrue
Originally posted by Joecool:

I'm old enough to remember when everyone wanted AA cut or traded for a bag of chips not very long ago...now I'm going into his thread and people want to give him an extension

Come on NY, what is his Daddy Lynch supposed to say after the failed attempts. It had waaaaaaay too much steam at that time for it to be completely untrue

Gotta co sign this. That's just classic gm talk from Lynch
Originally posted by Joecool:

I'm old enough to remember when everyone wanted AA cut or traded for a bag of chips not very long ago...now I'm going into his thread and people want to give him an extension

I always thought AA was very solid but ONLY against the run. With Bosa, Ford, and DeFo, AA is right where he can be most effective, which is blowing up the LOS. ST is solid at this as well but not as good as AA.

AA also dealt with injuries.

It's a concept that many fans in general aren't familiar with. It's called "developing your players".

His draft profile was spot on.

"Projection-based prospect with elite size and the traits to become a dominant run-stuffing defensive end in an odd front. Armstead has the explosiveness off the snap and in his jarring punch to gain early advantages and control offensive linemen. Armstead is a fast riser but is still very raw. He will need patience and coaching and must become a more effective pass rusher at some point."

Originally posted by lamontb:

"Big part of our team" "excited about Solly" 12 snaps says otherwise

Way too much steam lol? it was shot down in like a day or so...it was a bunch of people trying to put two and two together because we have an abundance of DL.

You can't tell me they couldn't trade him because there was no market for him, when you don't have proof...that's all I'm saying
  • okdkid
  • Veteran

Way too much steam lol? it was shot down in like a day or so...it was a bunch of people trying to put two and two together because we have an abundance of DL.

You can't tell me they couldn't trade him because there was no market for him, when you don't have proof...that's all I'm saying

Neither of you have proof. And, frankly, there isn't "proof" for like 95% of the stuff discussed in this forum so I don't know what that is supposed to mean. We go off of rumors for literally this entire website.
"Big part of our team" "excited about Solly" 12 snaps says otherwise
That's from the article you posted to me showing there was proof of them trying to trade him lol? Not really proof of anything, the article said "trade possibilities"

OH and he had 33 snaps on Sunday same as Buck

Originally posted by lamontb:

Dude isn't really a b******tter, I wish he was because sometimes him and Shanny are too open IMIO.
Originally posted by okdkid:

Neither of you have proof. And, frankly, there isn't "proof" for like 95% of the stuff discussed in this forum so I don't know what that is supposed to mean. We go off of rumors for literally this entire website.

This. But proof is in the pudding my man, he's still sitting on our bench. It doesn't take a week to find out nobody is interested lol
Share 49erswebzone