LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 238 users in the forums

Solomon Thomas, DT

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by okdkid:
Sir, not only is he a BSer he is the king of BSers. He is a TV dude through and through. That's why he got the job. He was a polar opposite from Baalke in that regard. He's a PR guy first.

show me all the lies he's said....dude talks a ton, but him and Kyle have been pretty transparent IMO.

The reason he is a king BSer is because he will just deny the stuff that didn't turn out (trades, preferred picks, etc.) and put on a good public face for anything that is currently not working. Solomon Thomas being the prime example of the latter. I'm not hating on Lynch. It's his job, and I think he's doing okay. But let's call a spade a spade.
Originally posted by 49ers808:
https://247sports.com/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/Article/Solomon-Thomas-49ers-draft-trade-possibilities-131531843/

Had lots of steam during draft process until footsie daddy came to his rescue

No I remember the "talk" I don't remember anyone reporting that it was legit and then no one wanted him though....

"It's not accurate. We usually don't respond to every one of these rumors that happens in today's world," Lynch said. "I had Solly up in my office today and we just talked exactly where he is. He's a big part of our team right now that we're extremely excited about moving forward with him. Kyle just mentioned, you put this puzzle together and we want to be a group that stays fresh, that can close out halves, can close out third downs, can close out games. I think our players last longer if there's a lot of them. I feel like we have quality players, and Solly's a big part of that. We're excited about Solly."

Come on NY, what is his Daddy Lynch supposed to say after the failed attempts. It had waaaaaaay too much steam at that time for it to be completely untrue

Lol. It was old date at April 25th 2019. It was past time.
"Big part of our team" "excited about Solly" 12 snaps says otherwise
That's from the article you posted to me showing there was proof of them trying to trade him lol? Not really proof of anything, the article said "trade possibilities"

OH and he had 33 snaps on Sunday same as Buck

Originally posted by lamontb:
Gotta co sign this. That's just classic gm talk from Lynch

Dude isn't really a b******tter, I wish he was because sometimes him and Shanny are too open IMIO.

Yeah he had 33 snaps, but when did most of them happen? Couldn't have been late in the blowout when the rest of our backups was in the game too.

Yes, that's one of my links I provided to you when you asked for it. I did say "reportedly" which is the same damn thing as "trade possibilities"

Yeah I'll have to watch the game again but I believe Thomas got most of those snaps late in the game and for good reason.

As myself and others have been saying since the beginning... he's not that good, AA is the better player with the better passrush move and it's showing with the playing time given. We have a new Dline coach who was told you evaluate Thomas honestly and he's being played very seldom so far. Not surprising at all.
Yeah he had 33 snaps, but when did most of them happen? Couldn't have been late in the blowout when the rest of our backups was in the game too.

Yes, that's one of my links I provided to you when you asked for it. I did say "reportedly" which is the same damn thing as "trade possibilities"

Reportedly and trade possibilities are not even close to the same thing. One is actually reported from someone with knowledge of what's happening.

Trade possibilities is more in line with someone's opinions on who could get moved based on a situation.

I'm pretty sure ST played the whole game, not just at the end.
Solly was getting a bunch of snaps early from inside.
Originally posted by Heroism:
Solly was getting a bunch of snaps early from inside.

So the arguments for him not getting enough snaps inside which is affecting his production can end now? Cause last I checked he's done literally nothing with his opportunities inside so far this season.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Waterbear:
"Big part of our team" "excited about Solly" 12 snaps says otherwise
That's from the article you posted to me showing there was proof of them trying to trade him lol? Not really proof of anything, the article said "trade possibilities"

OH and he had 33 snaps on Sunday same as Buck

Originally posted by lamontb:
Gotta co sign this. That's just classic gm talk from Lynch

Dude isn't really a b******tter, I wish he was because sometimes him and Shanny are too open IMIO.

Yeah I'll have to watch the game again but I believe Thomas got most of those snaps late in the game and for good reason.

As myself and others have been saying since the beginning... he's not that good, AA is the better player with the better passrush move and it's showing with the playing time given. We have a new Dline coach who was told you evaluate Thomas honestly and he's being played very seldom so far. Not surprising at all.

Yeah, I'm not seeing him impact the game as much as I expected. I do like the Sack though - it was a good effort sack. I'm beginning to think he's just a good player, not a great - all pro - level player. Now, it's still early in the season, and maybe he improves, but this is his 3rd year and I'm beginning to get that feeling that he's plateaued. Again, hoping I"m wrong and that he all of a sudden gets 12+ sack this year and dominates, but my hope is fading.

Reportedly and trade possibilities are not even close to the same thing. One is actually reported from someone with knowledge of what's happening.

Trade possibilities is more in line with someone's opinions on who could get moved based on a situation.

I'm pretty sure ST played the whole game, not just at the end.

In terms of context, both are not facts. I replied to someone asking for us to trade him that he "reportedly" was being shopped in the offseason, with obviously no takers cause he's still with us. You jumped in and asked for a link. I provided the links of "reports" of this. Trade possibilities always follow reports of trades and you know this, It's a part of their jobs to get the clicks. Why would there just be "trade possibilities" if there wasn't even a report of a trade?

And yes he did play the whole game, I stated that most of his snaps came later in the game when we had it in the bag already. We just talking about this recent game though. My 12 snap comment comes from the TB game. Why only 12 in that game?
Originally posted by BuZzB05:
https://247sports.com/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/Article/Solomon-Thomas-49ers-draft-trade-possibilities-131531843/

Had lots of steam during draft process until footsie daddy came to his rescue

No I remember the "talk" I don't remember anyone reporting that it was legit and then no one wanted him though....

"It's not accurate. We usually don't respond to every one of these rumors that happens in today's world," Lynch said. "I had Solly up in my office today and we just talked exactly where he is. He's a big part of our team right now that we're extremely excited about moving forward with him. Kyle just mentioned, you put this puzzle together and we want to be a group that stays fresh, that can close out halves, can close out third downs, can close out games. I think our players last longer if there's a lot of them. I feel like we have quality players, and Solly's a big part of that. We're excited about Solly."

Come on NY, what is his Daddy Lynch supposed to say after the failed attempts. It had waaaaaaay too much steam at that time for it to be completely untrue

Lol. It was old date at April 25th 2019. It was past time.

Not now Buzz not now
Originally posted by okdkid:
The reason he is a king BSer is because he will just deny the stuff that didn't turn out (trades, preferred picks, etc.) and put on a good public face for anything that is currently not working. Solomon Thomas being the prime example of the latter. I'm not hating on Lynch. It's his job, and I think he's doing okay. But let's call a spade a spade.

Oh I don't care if you are hating on Lynch, that's one thing I'm not a fan of with him. He talks too much...him and Kyle are very transparent and they don't have to be.

You don't have to go on radio shows and talk about injuries and such, there's no benefit of talking about all that before you absolutely have to imo. (Like BB does).

I think people are overthinking him, he pretty damn truthfully to a fault. They said they went after OBJ and Mack and why shouldn't they have? Of course they did...neither NY or Oakland denied it. They said they never were interested in AB and based on our locker rooom you have to believe that as well.

So yeah, yet again you and eye will agree to disagree lol.

I wonder how much it was discussed with Solly the goal of making him an end ...... during the pre draft .

Was Solly blind sided with being used as an end ?

Or did he say in the interviews he looks forward to being an end
Ford went out due to injury, Bosa is on a bum ankle, we blew them out. It's not surprising at all if Solly had a strong play count yesterday. Also shows why it's silly to cut/ trade him right now. He's good depth. Let's not go crazy here and think he's worthless.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Sep 16, 2019 at 1:54 PM ]
In terms of context, both are not facts. I replied to someone asking for us to trade him that he "reportedly" was being shopped in the offseason, with obviously no takers cause he's still with us. You jumped in and asked for a link. I provided the links of "reports" of this. Trade possibilities always follow reports of trades and you know this, It's a part of their jobs to get the clicks. Why would there just be "trade possibilities" if there wasn't even a report of a trade?

And yes he did play the whole game, I stated that most of his snaps came later in the game when we had it in the bag already. We just talking about this recent game though. My 12 snap comment comes from the TB game. Why only 12 in that game?

I guess we have different views of what those words/terms mean...all good.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Ford went out due to injury, Bosa is on a bum ankle, we blew them out. It's not surprising at all if Solly had a strong play count yesterday. Also shows why it's silly to cut/ trade him right now. He's good depth. Let's not go crazy here and think he's worthless.

Good point. Just wish they would play him more inside where he appears to be much more effective as opposed to outside. I think Armstead and Blair are better backup options at DE than Solly. I hope he continues to develop and contribute because the Niners will need him this year.
Originally posted by tjd808185:

I mean, I am not saying he is worthless. But it shouldnt be too difficult to replace him with JAG. After all, he was the lowest graded defender on our team for 2 weeks straight. Would be hard for someone to be worse than the worst.
Share 49ersWebzone