LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 418 users in the forums

Solomon Thomas, DT

Shop 49ers game tickets
Trade Solly for a veteran LT if there's one out there
I still can't fathom how fans tie themselves so hard to a player.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
I do see his point to an extent. When you look at Moore and Willis it's a bridge situation. We have no plans for Moore, Willis is the future.
No one wants to hand the rook the job but once it's earned, the backup f ups or gets injured there's no turning back. That's different than the team being high on AA and Solly having to unseat him. It just goes to show that we never intended for Solly to replace AA. His role was planned elsewhere and he may just not have lived up to it.

Spot on. Many including myself fell for the idea that he could be a Bennett type player. But the edge just doesn't work for him. He's really not bad inside. He could be a good player there for sure. But we just have dominant players there right now. Would be a crime to bench them.

Although it could be nice to rotate him with Armstead. One play you get a bull rush from Armstead then quickness of Thomas .
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Joecool:
I still can't fathom how fans tie themselves so hard to a player.

the team could dump. thomas. ward cj and pettis today and i would sleep like a baby
  • dj43
Originally posted by TradeThomasToNE:
Didn't have a position? How do you play football without a position? What did he do in college? Why was he drafted #3 overall after declaring after his sophomore year of college when he apparently didn't even play football?

Sheer lunacy. The arguments in this thread are absurd.

Continued comments like this will...
  • dj43
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
PFF grade of 52.7 this weekend

Lowest rating amongst all Niner defenders

True.

To be fair, it is a big improvement from the 35 last week.
  • dj43
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
As for playing time...yesterday, Thomas played 33 snaps. DeForest Buckner played 34.

Why is Buckner losing snaps?

Cause he didn't have to play the 4th quarter. My god do you watch football.

They played Bosa in the 4th quarter, and he's dealing with an injury.

We have crap for depth behind Bosa and Ford.

Also, as good as he is, Bosa still needs experience at this level.
Originally posted by 951NINER:

I'm for this. That is why KS didn't even attempt for JG to throw a pass after Joe left. It was all runs and Skule is not ready for the LT backup spot.

We reportedly tested Solly on the trade market in the offseason, nobody wanted him
Originally posted by 49ers808:

We reportedly tested Solly on the trade market in the offseason, nobody wanted him

Shocking

link?
Originally posted by NYniner85:

link?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/vincentfrank/2019/04/25/49ers-looking-to-trade-2017-top-draft-pick-solomon-thomas/
https://247sports.com/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/Article/Solomon-Thomas-49ers-draft-trade-possibilities-131531843/

Had lots of steam during draft process until footsie daddy came to his rescue
https://247sports.com/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/Article/Solomon-Thomas-49ers-draft-trade-possibilities-131531843/

Had lots of steam during draft process until footsie daddy came to his rescue

No I remember the "talk" I don't remember anyone reporting that it was legit and then no one wanted him though....

"It's not accurate. We usually don't respond to every one of these rumors that happens in today's world," Lynch said. "I had Solly up in my office today and we just talked exactly where he is. He's a big part of our team right now that we're extremely excited about moving forward with him. Kyle just mentioned, you put this puzzle together and we want to be a group that stays fresh, that can close out halves, can close out third downs, can close out games. I think our players last longer if there's a lot of them. I feel like we have quality players, and Solly's a big part of that. We're excited about Solly."
We should sell low, because this is the highest his value will get.
Share 49ersWebzone