There are 179 users in the forums

Solomon Thomas 3rd Overall Pick 2017 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online ⇨
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Solomon Thomas makes the Niners a worse football team.
To be fair to Thomas. He was playing In bucks spot, taking doubles. Those doubles made Buck completely disappear last week. But they're needed for the rest to shine.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:
To be fair to Thomas. He was playing In bucks spot, taking doubles. Those doubles made Buck completely disappear last week. But they're needed for the rest to shine.

The late hit on the QB was a bonehead play and his offsides last week was just stupid.

I've been a defender of ST, but it really seems like he needs a fresh start.

I'd package him with draft picks for the Dolphins Fitzpatrick to boost our talent in the secondary.

And we will have STs replacement with Street when he's able to come off of IR in mid season.
Originally posted by okdkid:
Solomon Thomas makes the Niners a worse football team.

+ 1
I'm hoping we can be up by 20 + in the 4th. Put Thomas out there to just rush from the 3 all quarter if that happens.
Hey, kid got a sack!

Course, I probably could have sacked Dalton on that play
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by trogdor:
Hey, kid got a sack!

Course, I probably could have sacked Dalton on that play

lol wait for it..

"why can't you just appreciate....blah blah blah"
Someday it'd be nice to see ST line up inside consistently. He gets great push but just cant clear the outside blocker when trying to turn the corner. One positive is that the bengals think enough of him to be doubled and tripled teamed, like on his sack which... he is gonna get yelled at for his effort on that play ironically.
Originally posted by GEEK:
The late hit on the QB was a bonehead play and his offsides last week was just stupid.

I'd package him with draft picks for the Dolphins Fitzpatrick to boost our talent in the secondary.

And we will have STs replacement with Street when he's able to come off of IR in mid season.

IMO his only shot might be to put on some weight. His best tool is his initial get off. But he doesn't have the best hands or length, so putting some junk in the trunk might help with leverage against his blocker.

But for the here and now, Street and Moore are probably better than Thomas.
Originally posted by GEEK:

If dolphins were interested in him, it would be a smart move. There's just no room for him here. They wanted him to be our Michael Bennett but still can't do much off the edge. I agree, Maybe he can play a better roll on another team.

Not a good game, but proves my point about how snap count is completely random with Saleh.
Buckner had his snaps greatly reduced this week.
In limited action, he hasn't been bad, few good plays scattered throughout. Bottom line, we had an idea of what we thought he could be, it hasn't worked out that way. Unless something dramatically changes, his player profile has become pretty clear.

He's a tweener who excels at run stuffing but lacks the bend, power, and hands to win outside against tackles against the pass. He doesn't seem to have an arsenal of moves and especially seems to lack an inside move from the edge, which is pretty critical to success outside.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Sep 15, 2019 at 1:00 PM ]
What sucks is his motor is insane. He just has no idea how to rush the passer.
[ Edited by TradeThomasToNE on Sep 15, 2019 at 1:03 PM ]
Move him for something
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
In limited action, he hasn't been bad, few good plays scattered throughout. Bottom line, we had an idea of what we thought he could be, it hasn't worked out that way. Unless something dramatically changes, his player profile has become pretty clear.

He's a tweener who excels at run stuffing but lacks the bend, power, and hands to win outside against tackles against the pass. He doesn't seem to have an arsenal of moves and especially seems to lack an inside move from the edge, which is pretty critical to success outside.

As far as moves goes, on some snaps he was trying to chain together some moves. Saw a spin that looked much much smoother than previous years. Looks like these snaps helped him. But regardless . His play time will be limited. This defense looks nice and the goal is winning, not getting reps for young players.

Id love to see solly blow up. But i know for a fact that if my life depended on a final drive. Solly would be on the bench.
Share 49erswebzone