There are 186 users in the forums

Solomon Thomas 3rd Overall Pick 2017 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online ⇨
If he doesn't get a sack this game, I say cut him!

Originally posted by T-9ers:
Originally posted by TradeThomasToNE:
I'm still trying to figure out how people expect Thomas to "play better" when he's not on the field. It is literally impossible for him to "play better" from the sidelines.

You could give Aaron Donald 12 snaps per game, with 10 of those at DE, and he would not do anything either.

There's absolutely nothing he can do at this point.

Inside where and what downs? He can't play 1 or 2 tech on running downs. He can only play inside on 3rd and long probably. Be more precise, what does "inside" mean ? Someone picked #3 should just be good, if not they're a bust.

Uh, he's the best DT against the run on the team. BUCKNER is the one who can't play inside on running downs.
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
I'm still trying to figure out how people expect Thomas to "play better" when he's not on the field. It is literally impossible for him to "play better" from the sidelines.

You could give Aaron Donald 12 snaps per game, with 10 of those at DE, and he would not do anything either.

There's absolutely nothing he can do at this point.

He could perform better in practice and in the limited time he is on the field. He has never shown he deserves to be out there.

WHAT practice?

Again, as I said multiple times earlier in the thread: They don't do anything at practice in the modern NFL. Scrimmages and full contact were a thing decades ago.

Nobody in today's NFL earns playing time in practice.

Did Thomas earn playing time in practice last year down the stretch when he was all of a sudden getting twice as many snaps inside? Of course not.

And nobody in the history of the game could do anything in 12 snaps per game.
Its been 5 quarters into the season so far. If I was to say Solomon Thomas has been useless, it would be complimenting his play.
He's getting a bunch of reps early from inside.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Its been 5 quarters into the season so far. If I was to say Solomon Thomas has been useless, it would be complimenting his play.

5 quarters into the season and he has played about 15 snaps.

He hasn't played much. But we have a lot of guys on the line and he needs to earn it

And somehow in 15 snaps he has managed 2 idiotic penalties and nothing worth noting in the 49ers favor.
Originally posted by sacniner:

He hasn't played much. But we have a lot of guys on the line and he needs to earn it

Right he hasnt played much and the only thing he has done on plays where he hasnt been invisible, is help our opponent.

I'm not saying Thomas cant turn his career around. But in spite of rooting for it, I am not counting on it.

And somehow in 15 snaps he has managed 2 idiotic penalties and nothing worth noting in the 49ers favor.
Give him time. He's only in his third year. Everyone knows a rookie needs at least 4 years for proper evaluation.

Stupid f**kin play, pushing the qb like that...
Bad look for solly. He gets reps inside. Gets bounced back a couple feet by the guard one on one. Then next play commits an absolutely stupid roughing the passer penalty. Started getting more comfortable after that. But still not a good look.
Tweener.
I guess Thomas must have "earned" more snaps in "practice" this week.
Share 49erswebzone