LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 233 users in the forums

Solomon Thomas, DT

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Its been 5 quarters into the season so far. If I was to say Solomon Thomas has been useless, it would be complimenting his play.

5 quarters into the season and he has played about 15 snaps.
Its been 5 quarters into the season so far. If I was to say Solomon Thomas has been useless, it would be complimenting his play.

He hasn't played much. But we have a lot of guys on the line and he needs to earn it
Originally posted by TradeThomasToNE:

And somehow in 15 snaps he has managed 2 idiotic penalties and nothing worth noting in the 49ers favor.
Originally posted by sacniner:

He hasn't played much. But we have a lot of guys on the line and he needs to earn it

Right he hasnt played much and the only thing he has done on plays where he hasnt been invisible, is help our opponent.

I'm not saying Thomas cant turn his career around. But in spite of rooting for it, I am not counting on it.
Originally posted by TradeThomasToNE:

And somehow in 15 snaps he has managed 2 idiotic penalties and nothing worth noting in the 49ers favor.
Give him time. He's only in his third year. Everyone knows a rookie needs at least 4 years for proper evaluation.
Stupid f**kin play, pushing the qb like that...
Bad look for solly. He gets reps inside. Gets bounced back a couple feet by the guard one on one. Then next play commits an absolutely stupid roughing the passer penalty. Started getting more comfortable after that. But still not a good look.
Tweener.
I guess Thomas must have "earned" more snaps in "practice" this week.

• okdkid
  • Veteran
Solomon Thomas makes the Niners a worse football team.
To be fair to Thomas. He was playing In bucks spot, taking doubles. Those doubles made Buck completely disappear last week. But they're needed for the rest to shine.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:
To be fair to Thomas. He was playing In bucks spot, taking doubles. Those doubles made Buck completely disappear last week. But they're needed for the rest to shine.

The late hit on the QB was a bonehead play and his offsides last week was just stupid.

I've been a defender of ST, but it really seems like he needs a fresh start.

I'd package him with draft picks for the Dolphins Fitzpatrick to boost our talent in the secondary.

And we will have STs replacement with Street when he's able to come off of IR in mid season.
Originally posted by okdkid:
Solomon Thomas makes the Niners a worse football team.

+ 1
I'm hoping we can be up by 20 + in the 4th. Put Thomas out there to just rush from the 3 all quarter if that happens.
Share 49ersWebzone