LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 250 users in the forums

49ers sign LB Dekoda Watson

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
I'm still "awake" during FA, but I just yawned a bit. We got money to burn... oh, we're burning it alrighty

On the bright side, he looks to be in great shape / got speed, and good thing our DC knows a thing or two about LBs.
Hopping for at least a pretty solid special team unit with all those signs
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
Originally posted by D0PEMAN:
Bye bye Whilhoite!!!!

Wilhoite is a Free Agent N this dude plays OLB

Yup, he may not be any better as a starting linebacker, but there will be no drop off on special teams. Other than Bowmen, who may never be the same player he once was, we had no linebacking last year.

this

Hopefully imo we drop down or just downright draft a LB with that P Willy type speed. I wouldn't be mad at bulking up our defense. It is something that cost us alot if not all the games last year.

Baalke says HI

Originally posted by SofaKing:
Good special teams player. SAM linebacker depth.

We've improved our ST coverage with Watson, Coyle, and Jones.

Agree
Does he even lift?
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Originally posted by Bluefalcon61:
Oh look we signed another scrub FA.

You might be the worst poster on this board. And that's saying a lot.

Man, that's cold.

Well now that sus is gone???? It's hard to say. Just go to the 24/7 and you will find an easy top 5.

This guy is a very good special teamer so now we have 3 good ones at least.
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Does he even lift?

All natural
This dude was basically the Broncos Marcus Rush, absolute preseason stud but also delivered as their leading special teams tackler.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Maybe he improves the roster, but i think hes getting too much money for what he is.
Originally posted by xcfan:
Maybe he improves the roster, but i think hes getting too much money for what he is.

How much was it? Guaranteed?

Ladies and gentlemen Mr. Randy Watson!
Odd that anyone would take issue with this signing. Signings like this are about bolstering competition in several areas. He's going to have to earn his roster spot just like the next guy. Not every person we sign is expected to be a starter. STs is an important group, as we all learned while Harbaugh was here. Additionally, we are running a new system and bringing in guys who know it will help expedite the learning process some for those who don't.

We still have 10 draft picks along with whatever UDFA's we get to bolster the roster -- which isn't going to be fixed in one off-season -- back to a highly competitive level.
  • cools
  • Veteran
Juszczyk, Paulsen, Watson, Jones Croyle, Smith, Armstrong

Im sure im missing some guys, but all these guys known as very good special teams players,

should be a solid ST unit
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
champons**t
Originally posted by xcfan:

I see that but we need guys who have previous knowledge of the 4-3 scheme.
Share 49ersWebzone