LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 308 users in the forums

49ers sign LB Dekoda Watson

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Crown:
Anything is better than Wilhoite chasing an RB in the flat

Seriously sick and tired of seeing Wilhoite trailing every RB and catching up 10-15 yards downfield. If he didn't trail then he missed the tackle. I had a very difficult time believing there wasn't 50 players better than him and available. I think Baalke is the reason Wilhoite, along with a few others, had a job here. So glad Baalke and some of his mediocre picks are gone. Now to swap of the rest of them for players with talent.
[ Edited by Ronnie49Lott on Mar 18, 2017 at 2:41 AM ]
why this dude have one arm in all his pictures?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

What?
Originally posted by mayo49:

What?

He said "why this dude have one arm in all his pictures?"
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Good special teams player. SAM linebacker depth.

We've improved our ST coverage with Watson, Coyle, and Jones.

I like it a lot. I know people will b***h, 'Oh who is he" or "another scrub, why not Hightower", guys need to realize that we can't fix everything in 1 offseason, or overnight, people need to chill the F out, it's a process, we're improving our team, most big free agent signings who get that big money deal end up being busts.

Coming into this draft, one piece of my plan was to fix special teams coverages. I noted we should sign a player like Nick Bellore and pray he never has to start again.

What did ShanaLynch do? They acquired 3 better ST players:

MIKE/ST Nick Bellore (depth) --- Brock Coyle, Don Jones II & Dekota Watson --- SIGNED LIKE-PLAYERS
This guy is a pretty good player. Hell of a athlete. Just can't stay healthy.
I like the signing, the more established depth that we can bring in, the better. Not to mention he's a stud on ST, little moves like this are what begin to make us a complete team. These next couple drafts will be critical in getting and sustaining our turn around.
I see nothing wrong with this signing. This is another very good ST player. After all, ST IS another aspect of the game that we need to win. Fans criticizing these signings really need to get a grip and let these two work their plan. Not one game has been played yet with these two running things. And, it seems, at least at this juncture, that the FO is gonna step the fuk back and give them the room they need to run things the way that they never gave JH & Co. and stay in their lane. That alone should give us a bunch of reasons for optimism. They have 6 true years to turn this around. I say a little patience is in order.

IMHO
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Good special teams player. SAM linebacker depth.

We've improved our ST coverage with Watson, Coyle, and Jones.

I like it a lot. I know people will b***h, 'Oh who is he" or "another scrub, why not Hightower", guys need to realize that we can't fix everything in 1 offseason, or overnight, people need to chill the F out, it's a process, we're improving our team, most big free agent signings who get that big money deal end up being busts.

With the money we have, we actually can fix everything
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Zachary:

What?

What pictures?

I hope this is this the Watson we had a private work out with
He'll likely play some LB & mostly ST's...like some have said, he'll be considerably better depth than Wilhoite, Bellore, Skov. He's another player with a connection to Saleh...I like that. The FO is improving the roster piece by piece...those looking for some mega-signings are surely disappointed. But, there are way too many holes to do that...Lynch & Shanahan are working to get the roster to a place where they have confidence in the guys not starting.
I agree on getting good depth to make the over all team better as a whole. We need to hit on our drafts going forward, because that is when we get to have cheap labor, and open windows for contention and long term success. Most of these guys we are signing right now, won't be here 3-4 years down the road. They are brought in to teach the system to current players and future players, who will eventually take their jobs.

The draft is where we will be getting our game changers, and hopefully the later rounds is where we get our cheap depth players, with an occasional surprise starter here and there.
Originally posted by StubbyNBY:
This guy is a pretty good player. Hell of a athlete. Just can't stay healthy.

He'll fit right in then.
Originally posted by Zachary:

What?

What pictures?

why does he have one arm on this dude on all his pictures and nudes?
Share 49ersWebzone