LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 283 users in the forums

49ers sign LB Dekoda Watson

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Anyone else remember Dekoda coming out of college? Dude was a 220-pound LB. I can't believe he's 260 lbs now lol.

[ Edited by Heroism on Nov 3, 2018 at 4:16 PM ]
Originally posted by strickac:
Originally posted by Jeepzilla:
8th year, 6th team, 4 career sacks
Lol
Hmmmm

Just goes to show how bad our other pass rushers are

If you're only looking stats, which you are, good point then.

Sometimes it just clicks for a guy. Lorenzo Alexander had more sacks in his 10th season than his previous 9 combined. Coming into the season I didn't give Watson a shot to make the roster; however, once I saw him play in the preseason it was very obvious that he was pretty nasty as an edge rusher.

Don't be surprised if he keeps playing at a high level. The Raiders are a trainwreck (Gruden is a mess), but the kid is still talented.

One good year out of 10 is definitely not the norm..
But Hey fingers crossed something works out as a pass rusher for us!
[ Edited by Jeepzilla on Nov 3, 2018 at 5:45 PM ]
Watson was a difference maker.
Just what we needed.
Originally posted by strickac:
If you're only looking stats, which you are, good point then.

Sometimes it just clicks for a guy. Lorenzo Alexander had more sacks in his 10th season than his previous 9 combined. Coming into the season I didn't give Watson a shot to make the roster; however, once I saw him play in the preseason it was very obvious that he was pretty nasty as an edge rusher.

Don't be surprised if he keeps playing at a high level. The Raiders are a trainwreck (Gruden is a mess), but the kid is still talented.

Fantastic post.
Originally posted by Heroism:
Anyone else remember Dekoda coming out of college? Dude was a 220-pound LB. I can't believe he's 260 lbs now lol.

Following up on my previous post, Dekoda got up to 272. But he's down to 245 now.

I just have this feeling he's going to be the next Von Miller. The 9th year is usually a break out year for pass rushers.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
I just have this feeling he's going to be the next Von Miller.

I just have this feeling he's going to be the next Von Miller. The 9th year is usually a break out year for pass rushers.

a journey man ST player became our best pass rusher lol.
Watson is better than Foster's sorry ass and we wasted a first round pick on damaged goods. Another head scratching move at the time by Lynch. His management has set our franchise back another 3-4 years.

Originally posted by ReubenSandwich509:
Watson is better than Foster's sorry ass and we wasted a first round pick on damaged goods. Another head scratching move at the time by Lynch. His management has set our franchise back another 3-4 years.

Different position . How you gonna name yourself after the man then talk about him like that?

Originally posted by Bluesbro:

r/swoosh
Originally posted by ReubenSandwich509:

Quit trolling dude
Share 49ersWebzone