LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 251 users in the forums

49ers sign LB Dekoda Watson

Shop Find 49ers gear online
We making room for Bell

jk im betting we use that to put hall on the active roster or on a FA rb.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by gold49digger:
We making room for Bell

jk im betting we use that to put hall on the active roster or on a FA rb.

Hopefully, it's for Hall - we have enough at RB for now.
This is why I'm not a fan of getting rid of guys unless there is a replacement. When we traded Harold (who I wanted gone), I figured it was because we had LBs that were better or younger guys that could almost mirror his production. Well Pita didn't even make the 53. Watson is on IR. Is there anyone that was cut around the league that can play SAM?
Watson is listed as our 3rd LEO last I checked, and he doesn't bring much off the edge.

Base personnel is nickel; how often are we even going to see a SAM? 1/3 of the time? Less?

My guess is there's roster move pending that doesn't involve the PS and Watson is being stashed at least until week 8 to free up room.
We hardly use the SAM LB, we usually play 4 DL, 2 LB, and 5 DBs on our base D, so an extra SAM LB isn't a big need. Whoever is signed, will end up being cut when Foster is back.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
We hardly use the SAM LB, we usually play 4 DL, 2 LB, and 5 DBs on our base D, so an extra SAM LB isn't a big need. Whoever is signed, will end up being cut when Foster is back.

Right, like I said, base personnel is nickle. Which is why Eli was expendable—that, and you know, he sucked.

No sense signing a FA for a week. Elevate Pita if we need a SAM (which we don't). Otherwise, sign Bell lol

Yeah, the SAM (Harold) was on the field 40% of the defensive snaps last year...hopefully Mark Nzeocha is on the field far less than that.

Dekoda lead the team in ST snaps (Harold #3).
[ Edited by NCommand on Sep 8, 2018 at 5:50 PM ]
Originally posted by NinerGM:
It's not the injuries that I have concerns with regarding the Training and Conditioning staff, it's how things transpire. First we hear it's a hammy, then the next report is oh it's not "just" a hammy it's a out for 6 weeks or season-ending. Either folks can't give a solid medical eval or players aren't being monitored well. It's almost as if you can't believe a initial report of ANY injury with this staff because 24-48hous later it's going to become x-times worse.

I agree.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
It's not the injuries that I have concerns with regarding the Training and Conditioning staff, it's how things transpire. First we hear it's a hammy, then the next report is oh it's not "just" a hammy it's a out for 6 weeks or season-ending. Either folks can't give a solid medical eval or players aren't being monitored well. It's almost as if you can't believe a initial report of ANY injury with this staff because 24-48hous later it's going to become x-times worse.
But Stanford...
  • Hopper
  • Veteran

Pretty much.

• thl408
He was supposed to be coming off the edge based on this preseason. A thin unit gets anorexic.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Dakota has sand in his vagina. Hope he comes back soon.
Originally posted by NCommand:

Yeah, the SAM (Harold) was on the field 40% of the defensive snaps last year...hopefully Mark Nzeocha is on the field far less than that.

Dekoda lead the team in ST snaps (Harold #3).

Hopefully less than 35% this year
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

The jet . oh its a calf thing that turned into an acl thing is eye brow raising to me.. back to watson.. again. our linebackers aside from a guy who is out two games and a rookie... are not good at all
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:
Dakota has sand in his vagina. Hope he comes back soon.

the list of players on our team who fits that description is getting longer
Share 49ersWebzone