LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 247 users in the forums

Kicker Robbie Gould

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by sanjo49er:
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
Well deserved bump. Under rated honestly. He's brought so much consistency and veteran leadership. He's the type of dude with his fired up but humble personality he's GREAT for this team. I BET you money one of the guys we low key relied on to keep the locker room motivated to keep working when we were winless.
You are RIGHT!! Correct me if im wrong but didnt Gould hit 5/5 vs The BEARS In Jimmy G'S First road start??

Without looking it up... I think so. Historic return as well. I remember that game(LOVE the fight to the top) , it looked like Jimmy was money at times, but you could tell he just didn't know the playbook hardly at all and we were depleted at the same time.. Not to mention, bears were playing conservative ball but they were scrappy AF. I remember they had a lot of scrappy fights like us too.
[ Edited by SmokeCrabtrees on Jun 29, 2018 at 12:39 AM ]
To me he is part of the FORMULA.!!! Win in all 3 phases of the Game!
Originally posted by sanjo49er:
To me he is part of the FORMULA.!!! Win in all 3 phases of the Game!

Agree

Good post!
I think it works really well to have Pinion doing the kickoff duties. It saves Gould's leg for kicks that put up points and Pinion seems to be pretty good at driving kickoffs deep enough that they are often touchbacks. I wonder if the prospect of not having to do kickoff duty is one of the things that led Gould to sign with the 9ers. Whatever the reason, so far I'm jazzed that he did.
saw Gould's thread at the top and I was like "oh great what kind of trouble did he get into"
Originally posted by 49erphan:
I think it works really well to have Pinion doing the kickoff duties. It saves Gould's leg for kicks that put up points and Pinion seems to be pretty good at driving kickoffs deep enough that they are often touchbacks. I wonder if the prospect of not having to do kickoff duty is one of the things that led Gould to sign with the 9ers. Whatever the reason, so far I'm jazzed that he did.

Yes!

Originally posted by NYniner85:
saw Gould's thread at the top and I was like "oh great what kind of trouble did he get into"

Lolz. Yeah the trouble would be his dog threw up in the backseat, but Gould took the blame for going too fast through the canyons
Honestly without the great and consistent kicking game we've had the last 8 years this team would have been bottom feeding even through the Harbaugh years.

These guys have done great and deserve more credit for the shear amount of kicks made and keeping such high percentages.

So many stalled redozone drives have still ended in points which is great.
[ Edited by BoldRedandGold on Jun 30, 2018 at 9:28 AM ]

After seeing Baalke draft Pinion then seeing him perform kickoffs, Gould took notice a good 2 years prior.
Originally posted by BoldRedandGold:
Honestly without the great and consistent kicking game we've had the last 8 years this team would have been bottom feeding even through the Harbaugh years.

These guys have done great and deserve more credit for the shear amount of kicks made and keeping such high percentages.

Agree

Good post!

Phil Dawson was pretty erratic last year in Arizona and having to do kickoffs again was cited by him and Jay Feely as one reason for it.

With Pinion handling kickoffs, the 49ers can continually cycle through one aging kicker after another while minimizing added wear and tear.

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Phil Dawson was pretty erratic last year in Arizona and having to do kickoffs again was cited by him and Jay Feely as one reason for it.

With Pinion handling kickoffs, the 49ers can continually cycle through one aging kicker after another while minimizing added wear and tear.

Very good point.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Very good point.

Agreed. When Pinion gets Mostert back and adds either Moore (4.25 speed with a Safety mentality) or Burbridge, expect a lot of downed punts inside the 20 and deep fair catches. Mostert was typically down their waiting for the punts to land. His loss (I.R.) was instantly felt.
[ Edited by NCommand on Jul 2, 2018 at 4:37 PM ]
He güd doe
Originally posted by BoldRedandGold:

This is very true. Andy Lee to Phil Dawson and now Robbie Gould. We've come a long way from the Mike Cofer's and Jose Cortez's of the world.
Share 49ersWebzone