LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 240 users in the forums

Kicker Robbie Gould

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by jcs:
Money talks...pay the man what he wants.

Of course.
Originally posted by Bobdawg78:
Any chance we tag him, and work out a trade to the Bears, so we at least get something for him? Perhaps make them take AA off our hands, and we will give them Gould, but we get back like a 5th or 6th round pick, and then use that pick on a new kicker.

Ummm no, Gould is one of the best kickers in the league and you just don't let one walk and think a rookie is gonna produce the same way. Watching college football and it's crazy how many bad kickers there are, even at 36 kickers have proven to have a long shelf life
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by Bobdawg78:
Any chance we tag him, and work out a trade to the Bears, so we at least get something for him? Perhaps make them take AA off our hands, and we will give them Gould, but we get back like a 5th or 6th round pick, and then use that pick on a new kicker.

Ummm no, Gould is one of the best kickers in the league and you just don't let one walk and think a rookie is gonna produce the same way. Watching college football and it's crazy how many bad kickers there are, even at 36 kickers have proven to have a long shelf life
And who wants to go back to the Jose Cortez days.....
It's a testament to cheapskate paraag that re-signing our offensive MVP Robbie Gould -- and he has been the last two years -- even needs to be validated here. It's crazy.
  • evil
  • Veteran

Not always. And if Robbie wants to go back to Chicago to be closer to his family if that door is open, then it is what it is.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
It's a testament to cheapskate paraag that re-signing our offensive MVP Robbie Gould -- and he has been the last two years -- even needs to be validated here. It's crazy.

Wasnt it cheapskate Paraag that helped us sign Gould in the first place? Did you say the same thing when they were 'too cheap' to resign Dawson and had to settle for a cheaper replacement in....guess who. Seemed to work out pretty good. Hopefully they can work something out though cause I would love to keep Gould.
Originally posted by evil:

Not always. And if Robbie wants to go back to Chicago to be closer to his family if that door is open, then it is what it is.

I think him not being signed during the season is a pretty good indication he's gone. He's a priority FA and we know his value.
[ Edited by NCommand on Jan 22, 2019 at 2:08 PM ]

Although I agree, money isn't always the clincher … he's not a 25 YO single guy w/o a wife or kids.
I'd imagine he also doesn't want to spend another 5 months, living out of a hotel room once again.
ShanaLynch's primary obligation is for the team. They should franchise him and if another team matches it they get some compensation. Gould would understand that move, probably without any problem whatsoever. That's the business.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FlayvaMeister:

Although I agree, money isn't always the clincher … he's not a 25 YO single guy w/o a wife or kids.
I'd imagine he also doesn't want to spend another 5 months, living out of a hotel room once again.
Maiocco interview this past season had him talk about what drew him here and his expectations with his next free agency deal. I think he's looking for a long term agreement so his family can finally move with him.

Maiocco interview this past season had him talk about what drew him here and his expectations with his next free agency deal. I think he's looking for a long term agreement so his family can finally move with him.
Hope so.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

Hope so.

We all do.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran

They gonna tag his ass.
highly doubt they tag him. We are too nice. They'll let him go back to his family.

#WinningWithClass
Share 49ersWebzone