There are 182 users in the forums

Kicker Robbie Gould

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Goatie:
Originally posted by okdkid:
His miss wasn't "extremely" difficult. It wasn't a chip shot (like his others) either. But he absolutely should have made it.

He is paid as one of the top at his position to make those kicks a non-issue. He doesn't get to enjoy the benefit of "well, if we just dissect each individual kick and see why he was at 59% for the season...".

Just make kicks. Literally the rest of the league is doing it better.

Are you serious? It was a 45 yard kick in the teaming down rain with wild winds blowing all around on a soaked field where when he tried to plant his foot it slipped.

See what happens when our long snapper is back next week from his steroid holiday

Agreed, the notion that it was little more than an ordinary 45-yard kick is simply false. Speaking from experience, as a former placekicker myself, yes it is absolutely a difficult kick. The ball is literally getting placed down into a puddle. You have to pray your plant foot doesn't slip while trying to kick a ball that the holder doesn't get properly aligned to begin with, amidst swirling, gusting winds. He slipped. Won't blame Robbie even 1% for that miss.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Oct 21, 2019 at 6:04 AM ]
3 of 4 on a slip 'n slide is actually pretty good.

But the 9/15 he went prior to this was nicht so gut. 6 missed FGs in 5 games. He was 72/75 his prior two years here, and we saw the same number of missed FGs in the Cleavland game alone as we did in the prior 2 seasons combined.

But 9/15: those are Mike Cofer/ Jose Cortez numbers. Give him a chance to rebound though, it's one stretch in a long career.

At the tail end, Gould all but says the long snapper issue has affected things. Stops just short of that, but you can tell he misses Nelson. Hope Gould can relax and get back on a roll again.
Come Sunday, no more excuses from Robbie. We paid him big money, he needs to prove it.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Excuses are gone now, Robbie.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by okdkid:
Excuses are gone now, Robbie.

yep.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

At the tail end, Gould all but says the long snapper issue has affected things. Stops just short of that, but you can tell he misses Nelson. Hope Gould can relax and get back on a roll again.

He's been talking about the procedure. Musical chairs at LS this year plus a new holder has absolutely affected Gould. Breaking it down though it's not thst bad.
7 missed FGs
3 50+ yard attempts
1 miss in the mud bowl
1 miss was blocked and on the line
I can't say which one but I also remember an attempt he missed where the snap was high and he had to hesitate in his stride before kicking the ball.

I might be in the minority but I think his woes aren't his woes at all. Imo Gould has been a victim of bad circumstances and will be fine wirh Nelson now back as the LS.
It should be Robbie Gould Hang man now. Every kick missed a piece goes missing, I'd start with the right leg.
Originally posted by matt49er:

He's been talking about the procedure. Musical chairs at LS this year plus a new holder has absolutely affected Gould. Breaking it down though it's not thst bad.
7 missed FGs
3 50+ yard attempts
1 miss in the mud bowl
I can't say which one but I also remember an attempt he missed where the snap was high and he had to hesitate in his stride before kicking the ball.

I might be in the minority but I think his woes aren't his woes at all. Imo Gould has been a victim of bad circumstances and will be fine wirh Nelson now back as the LS.

It was a snap into the dirt I believe, actually, and Wish couldn't get it placed. It was facing sideways or laces in. But yeah, I completely agree. Only one or two kicks this year fall under the realm of "no real excuse for that miss".
It was a snap into the dirt I believe, actually, and Wish couldn't get it placed. It was facing sideways or laces in. But yeah, I completely agree. Only one or two kicks this year fall under the realm of "no real excuse for that miss".

Agree, he is doing fine. He got back to shorter FGs and built up his confidence, and now he looks like Robbie from last yr.

Originally posted by Goatie:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by goldensnake:
Please for the love of god release this scrub. This guy is costing us this game along with jimmy g's garbage play.

IMO, Gould gets a pass from me, horrible conditions to make any kind of kicks.

Dude it literally trolling every single thread. LOL

Why do they tolerate it?

He's connected
Originally posted by matt49er:

7 missed FGs
3 50+ yard attempts
1 miss in the mud bowl

Those are not easy kicks for sure, but you don't want to go 0 for 7 in those "difficult" field goals. I would feel much more comfortable if he went 2 for 7 or 3 for 7 in those "difficult" field goals.

Now our LS Nelson is back, I hope Gould has no more excuses. I just hope he isn't a 2012 David Akers. We will need a solid and reliable kicker in the playoff.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
uh oh not good

Originally posted by Jcool:
uh oh not good

WTF
Time to ditch the FG attempts, we gotta go for it on 4th down.
Share 49ersWebzone