Originally posted by okdkid:
Webzone be like...

More cap spaceeeeeeeeeee

Which we will probably do nothing with
Originally posted by Rathof44:
Originally posted by cciowa:
It just makes me crazy when you got people who say.. i am down for resigning ward and smith if they will play for cheap because they know the system. that has NOTHING to do with the fact both are just garbage on the field when and if they see the field because they are always hurt. there is not one logical reason to keep them around. not one

Right. Sh*tty players at ANY price still don't help your team.
i jut do not understand how some fans have such a loyalty to crap players. the price tag you speculate they should be signed for is worthless when they are crap. ward was crap at 9 million a year. he will be crap at 200 thousand dollars. here lets sign crap players as part of our brick by brick process to turn this thing around. its players like smith and ward and yes decisions on those players by lynch is one small reason why we are picking second.

100%. Between injuries and just plain sucking....it doesn't work.

Guys that you can cut at anytime that know the system always have value....as long as you don't sign them to any guaranteed money. It not loyalty, its good business. There are only so many players available, if you can get someone in as a camp body with no retained cost, you make that move and hope you can replace with better between now and the preseason.
[ Edited by PhillyNiner on Mar 8, 2019 at 6:29 AM ]
Webzone be like...

More cap spaceeeeeeeeeee

Yep, the defensive MVP doing what he can for the team!
I wish he would have restructured his deal to another team..

Has this dude even played a real down for us yet?
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Webzone be like...

More cap spaceeeeeeeeeee

Sad but true.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

Miraculously yes and the only memory I have is saleh playing him in the slot and getting burned by Tyler Lockett I think in Seattle

he played, I believe every game last year, did you watch?
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

Miraculously yes and the only memory I have is saleh playing him in the slot and getting burned by Tyler Lockett I think in Seattle

Saleh, what a joker. I can't believe Kyle has kept him on his staff. He is woefully incompetent.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

Saleh, what a joker. I can't believe Kyle has kept him on his staff. He is woefully incompetent.
This guy is crap but fine. if he restructured. he can be a back up only. he is not starting material and hopefully gets beat out by someone.. i am assuming kyle and lynch will actually draft or sign some good people in this area.. now if they keep ward... there is no hope for them or us

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Webzone be like...

More cap spaceeeeeeeeeee

Don't worry bro...we'll roll it over to next years cap! Haha
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

This guy is crap but fine. if he restructured. he can be a back up only. he is not starting material and hopefully gets beat out by someone.. i am assuming kyle and lynch will actually draft or sign some good people in this area.. now if they keep ward... there is no hope for them or us

i can not believe i just said smith can stay.. what the f**k.... i hate him. crap player do not help us at any price cuz once they come in the game. they do the same dip s**t thing for 500 thousand dollars as they do for 2 million dollars. f**k cc.. you are so stupid,... keeping him for any price if f**king stupid kyle lynch.. keep aa.. keep smith and about to keep ward.. what a wonderful strategy. keep crap players. HOPE they will become good players and then you set around with your finger up your butt kyle and lynch and wonder why you set there and pick in the top five
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

the posters who say.. well he knows the system. so he is valuable. that kills me.. he sucked every time he played in the system . jesus
When are we giving Ward his long term max deal?
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
It just makes me crazy when you got people who say.. i am down for resigning ward and smith if they will play for cheap because they know the system. that has NOTHING to do with the fact both are just garbage on the field when and if they see the field because they are always hurt. there is not one logical reason to keep them around. not one

Right. Sh*tty players at ANY price still don't help your team.
i jut do not understand how some fans have such a loyalty to crap players. the price tag you speculate they should be signed for is worthless when they are crap. ward was crap at 9 million a year. he will be crap at 200 thousand dollars. here lets sign crap players as part of our brick by brick process to turn this thing around. its players like smith and ward and yes decisions on those players by lynch is one small reason why we are picking second.

100%. Between injuries and just plain sucking....it doesn't work.

Guys that you can cut at anytime that know the system always have value....as long as you don't sign them to any guaranteed money. It not loyalty, its good business. There are only so many players available, if you can get someone in as a camp body with no retained cost, you make that move and hope you can replace with better between now and the preseason.

I'm guessing this was an insurance signing in case they don't get a LB in free agency or in the draft.
Share 49ersWebzone