1st Team All Pro - OW, Kyle "Juice" Juszczyk

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FranchisePoster:
Originally posted by 9moon:
MISUSED !!

2 TDs in 4 years??

I'm sure the " best young mind " in football can find more ways to use him w/all the millions we've given him..

Juice has been worth every penny Moon.

I just feel that if you gonna pay someone that much, any player, any position, you BEST use the guy... tho he's been worth every penny, I still believe that he still can be use more..

We once had Rice, Taylor, Craig, Brent Jones and Rathman still caught 72 or 73 passes... I think that was the REPEAT year..
Someone on Twitter brought up a good question: Could we see Kyle move away entirely from 21 personnel this offseason? I haven't really considered this, but it could be a possibility. In the last four seasons, Kyle has barely used Juice relative to what we expected from an OW. There's a chance Juice prices himself out of the 49ers' budget. Maybe instead of finding a replacement, Kyle moves away from the FB entirely ala Sean McVay.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Heroism:
Someone on Twitter brought up a good question: Could we see Kyle move away entirely from 21 personnel this offseason? I haven't really considered this, but it could be a possibility. In the last four seasons, Kyle has barely used Juice relative to what we expected from an OW. There's a chance Juice prices himself out of the 49ers' budget. Maybe instead of finding a replacement, Kyle moves away from the FB entirely ala Sean McVay.

There's a kid playing for Notre Dame... I believe he'll be cheaper if we can land him in the 4th round.. he's more an H/Back (FB/TE) but this kid is really something... I hope he doesn't make so much noise so that we can get him..

if we're not gonna use Juice to the max, then we can have this kid take over..
  • thl408

I hope that isn't the case (moving away from 21). There's been a couple times this season where Juice was open downfield and was overthrown. Having a fullback that can go for an explosive play here and there is a very unique element for an offense, and a mobile FB adds a lot to the outside zone running game.

The cap situation is different now than it was when Juice signed his 49er contract - 49ers had a ton of cap space in 2017. He can't be paid double of what the second highest paid FB in the league makes, and will have to temper his salary expectations if he wants to remain a 49er. But as far as Kyle using less FB in his offense, I think that would take away a chunk of what makes his offense different to gameplan against.

I have no doubt Kyle can adjust if Juice decides to leave, but I think Kyle would like Juice to stay so he can keep that element in his offense.
Originally posted by thl408:

I hope that isn't the case (moving away from 21). There's been a couple times this season where Juice was open downfield and was overthrown. Having a fullback that can go for an explosive play here and there is a very unique element for an offense, and a mobile FB adds a lot to the outside zone running game.

The cap situation is different now than it was when Juice signed his 49er contract - 49ers had a ton of cap space in 2017. He can't be paid double of what the second highest paid FB in the league makes, and will have to temper his salary expectations if he wants to remain a 49er. But as far as Kyle using less FB in his offense, I think that would take away a chunk of what makes his offense different to gameplan against.

I have no doubt Kyle can adjust if Juice decides to leave, but I think Kyle would like Juice to stay so he can keep that element in his offense.

Agreed. Great post

True that.

It's going to be interesting to see what happens with Juice. Fullbacks that can do everything he does are extremely rare. I don't think he'll be back, but I hope he is.
I have no doubt in my mind that Juice and Trent will be re-signed, those two need to be retained, I hope they keep K'Waun and Jones too, also Hyder & Verrett, the rest of the UFAs I don't care about, let Coleman, McKinnon, Thomas, Witherspoon, Sherm(Unless he takes less), Beathard, Tartt, Blair, Bourne, etc... can go, I'd bring back Bourne if it's no more than $2.5M a yr, and that's generous, seeing as he's making $3.259M this season. Retain Moseley and Mullens on RFA tenders, keep Wilson, Harris, Pepper & Dwelley on 1yr $920K deals, and tender Brunskill as a ERFA, also Austin Walter. Let Ken Webster go, same as Trent Taylor, those two plus James cost us points Sunday against the Saints. Now I'm more inclined to have Dontae Johnson play STs over Webster. Sad to see Ahkello inactive while healthy, went from 4 weeks in 2019 as a potential long term CB to no way in hell unless vet minimum.
Juice going nowhere unless he wants to go elsewhere.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
I have no doubt in my mind that Juice and Trent will be re-signed, those two need to be retained, I hope they keep K'Waun and Jones too, also Hyder & Verrett, the rest of the UFAs I don't care about, let Coleman, McKinnon, Thomas, Witherspoon, Sherm(Unless he takes less), Beathard, Tartt, Blair, Bourne, etc... can go, I'd bring back Bourne if it's no more than $2.5M a yr, and that's generous, seeing as he's making $3.259M this season. Retain Moseley and Mullens on RFA tenders, keep Wilson, Harris, Pepper & Dwelley on 1yr $920K deals, and tender Brunskill as a ERFA, also Austin Walter. Let Ken Webster go, same as Trent Taylor, those two plus James cost us points Sunday against the Saints. Now I'm more inclined to have Dontae Johnson play STs over Webster. Sad to see Ahkello inactive while healthy, went from 4 weeks in 2019 as a potential long term CB to no way in hell unless vet minimum.

I'm 100% with this. In fact, it completely mirrors my run at it in our Team Information/Needs thread!

True that.

It's going to be interesting to see what happens with Juice. Fullbacks that can do everything he does are extremely rare. I don't think he'll be back, but I hope he is.

Your original question is a good one. Kyle's never really had all his WR's and TE's and pass catching RB's healthy together and when he did, the passing game took off last year with Sanders, Deebo and Bourne/Kittle. Garoppolo is a spread QB. Any QB we draft will be a spread QB. He's seeing the success of it around the league. Teams playing with 3, 4 & 5 WR's. Juice is paramount to the running game so I wouldn't expect a big shift in philosophy but it's definitely something to entertain.

Originally posted by FranchisePoster:
MISUSED !!

2 TDs in 4 years??

I'm sure the " best young mind " in football can find more ways to use him w/all the millions we've given him..

Juice has been worth every penny Moon.

I just feel that if you gonna pay someone that much, any player, any position, you BEST use the guy... tho he's been worth every penny, I still believe that he still can be use more..

We once had Rice, Taylor, Craig, Brent Jones and Rathman still caught 72 or 73 passes... I think that was the REPEAT year..

Very true, but back then, WR3-5 really didn't do much. With that said, I think Juice could be a 50+ catch guy if they wanted to and I wish they used him more to attack defensives. it would give linebackers and safeties more to worry about it.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

I am so glad your position on Thomas has changed. Why do you want Ronald Blair to go however? I agree on Bourne. I can't see him getting much around the league. Ideally, I see Bourne as WR4.
Watching Ohio State-Indiana. Fields threw 2 INTs but also had a nice TD throw and a great run for another TD.

His passing is sharp. Really improved over previous year. His running is off the charts. At 6'3" and 220 lbs he isn't the typical small running QB. I hope he doesn't end up with one of the teams we play all the time. I wish we had a shot at him.
[ Edited by CatchMaster80 on Nov 21, 2020 at 10:57 AM ]
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Watching Ohio State-Indiana. Fields threw 2 INTs but also had a nice TD throw and a great run for another TD.

His passing is sharp. Really improved over previous year. His running is off the charts. At 6'3" and 220 lbs he isn't the typical small running QB. I hope he doesn't end up with one of the teams we play all the time. I wish we had a shot at him.

I personally guarantee this won't happen
  • thl408
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

How is his lead blocking? I don't think they should be converting QBs to fullbacks but maybe why not.
How is his lead blocking? I don't think they should be converting QBs to fullbacks but maybe why not.

In other news, I was looking around the league to see what teams might pursue Juice this offseason, and I was surprised to see the number of NFL teams that are using FBs right now. He's going to have a lot of suitors this offseason. Patriots have a ton of cap space. I know the hoodie appreciates a player like Juice.

[ Edited by Heroism on Nov 21, 2020 at 12:19 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone