LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 307 users in the forums

WR Marquise "Flash" Goodwin (traded to PHI)

Shop 49ers game tickets
I just can't imagine Goodwin getting the production he had last year with out Kyle's coaching staff and the opportunity given to Goodwin. I don't think anyone thought that he's that capable when he signed with the team.

Kyle knows his s**t
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Jul 28, 2018 at 7:15 AM ]
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Originally posted by ninerjok:
He was a JAG there, as far as they were concerned. He talked about on Matt Maiocco's podcast how before he came to SF opposing players, media and fans called him just a "track guy" all the time. Implying he's a one trick pony, although he was actually a track & field Olympian which is nothing to sneeze at. TBF he was terribly misused and underused in Buffalo. He could also be a late blooming NFL receiver. Whatever the case he's becoming very productive now.

An OC that terribly misuses his WR...that sounds familiar

Ginn, Moss, Johnson, etc.

If you can't run a go-route and only a go-route, GTFO!
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
I just can't imagine Goodwin getting the production he had last year with out Kyle's coaching staff and the opportunity given to Goodwin. I don't think anyone thought that he's that capable when he signed with the team.

Kyle knows his s**t

Yeah, the most impressive thing was how hard he worked on his routes...all of them.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

Kyle knows his s**t

Yeah, the most impressive thing was how hard he worked on his routes...all of them.

Y'all see him playing the Z mostly next year? I can make arguments for both sides but I dunno. I really haven't heard on twitter if he's been lining up there with Garcon in the mix. Regardless, he's been on his A game and is a favorite target of Jimmy.
[ Edited by SmokeCrabtrees on Aug 9, 2018 at 12:17 AM ]

Between Goodwin, Pettis, and Taylor there's gonna be broken DB ankles all over the place
Ankles Breaking Crew

ABC...123 ... Do Re Mi
Filthy lol
I'm really excited for this dude. Big year for him, and he is a nice fantasy football sleeper. He'll be our most productive WR. Pettis and Goodwin will be starting next year.

Will be a fun offense to watch this season
Who would have ever thought we'd get this kind of production when we signed him last year
Originally posted by Jack49ers84:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Great news... he'll need a bit more beef if he's gonna run those post patterns inside the 20 (where he got decapitated)...not that beef would have helped him there.

I think he'll be doing less of that with Garcon back in the mix

I hope we don't go back to primarily using him as a deep threat. He proved last year that he's capable of being a complete WR, plus it's kind of pointless to have a deep threat with Jimmy as the QB.

Agree, but i like the way kyle likes to have all his WRs playing different positions all over the field. It screws with the DBs for sure when he's split wide, then in slot, then other side, then in close, etc. Ds cannot put their best guy on him because he could be other side of field, slot, whatever. Kyle has said he likes doing that, and the different looks make it a lot harder on DBs.

Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Who would have ever thought we'd get this kind of production when we signed him last year

Susweel and pdizo. I remember like it was yesterday.
I guess someone hacked his Twitter or phone.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

Why?
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

Why?

Attention. Dude was acting all cool and casual lol. Saying Goodwin was a good guy.told marquise to DM him. God knows what else he was trying to accomplish by talking to him after hacking his account lol.
Next to Jimmy G, Goodwin is the player I am most excited about this season. They are going to do damage.
Share 49ersWebzone