LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 227 users in the forums

WR Marquise "Flash" Goodwin (traded to PHI)

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SteveYoung:
Originally posted by cciowa:
actually that is pretty good. i think that is a good plan and would fill the holes you correctly pointed out. oh another tight end would be nice. maybe another linebacker . we know we need to sign a vet inside backer and draft a kid since we can not rely on foster. we got the cash. we got the picks. esp if john trades our pick so it should not be to hard to find those guys

Seems legit. 9 new starters. Teams generally add that many starters every year.

You're not good at reading sarcasm are you?

oh you do not know when you are being played with??lol
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JR80Forever:
A couple of things. Saying Dion Lewis is average is nonsense. You obviously are speaking without facts, because if you actually saw the guy play you would understand why people like him.

I think we will sign 1 veteran 6ft 2in+ WR and draft someone young in the mold of Garcon.

i do not think i said anything about lewis. i like the guy from the browns but whatever we need to do is make us better. i agree in your theory about the wide outs. i will keep beating the drum for lazard from ames in the 5th, lol
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
i do not think he is. esp at his age and coming off a broken neck. sue me

Wrong again. Now your hating on Garcon.

Dude is a flat out beast.
omg, who is hating.. i like him very much but he is older. he is not the 2013 version of himself and he is coming off a serious injury. good lord with you today
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Lott49ersFan:
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by Quest4six:
Meh. Garcon is going to be a beast on those playaction crossers. He was well on his way to 1000 yards with Hoyer and Beathard. I think he puts up 1200 easily.

WR1- Pierre Garcon
WR2- Marquise Goodwin
Slot- Trent Taylor
TE- George Kittle
RB- Dion Lewis

Wow

I wouldn't let a 30 year old WR be my excuse as to why I don't sign a 24 year old pro bowl WR

Pro bowl in 2015

And prior to an ACL injury. I wouldn't mind having him but, not for crazy money that he's going to want.

I agree. The ACL concerns me too. I think Kyle is a good enough coach to coach up a young free agent to All Pro, rather overpay an all pro from the git go.
omg, who is hating.. i like him very much but he is older. he is not the 2013 version of himself and he is coming off a serious injury. good lord with you today

Did you miss the games when he was on pace for 1000 freaking yards with Hoyer and Beathard at QB
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Giedi:
I agree. The ACL concerns me too. I think Kyle is a good enough coach to coach up a young free agent to All Pro, rather overpay an all pro from the git go.

i get the acl concerns and i would not sign him to big money because of that

Then we will not be signing him because he is going to get 13 mil a year.
  • jcs
  • Veteran

Then we will not be signing him because he is going to get 13 mil a year.

I bet it's closer to 14-15 million a year. There are a lot of teams with money to burn this F/A period.
Not interested in paying Robinson big money coming off that injury. As far as FA's go, I want us to sign Norwell and T. Johnson. Norwell gives us a STUD LG, and Johnson gives us a shut down corner to pair with Witherspoon. As far as WR goes, I would trust Shanahan to be able to find a FA WR that he thinks he can coach up, like he did with Goodwin. Having Garcon+Goodwin+Taylor is not to shabby with Jimmy G throwing them the ball. Granted we do need to get a young big target type sooner rather than later. Personally I would beat the tires on getting M. Bryant from the Steelers, perhaps we could get him for a 6th or 7th round pick, or maybe trade someone redundant on our roster like Armstead? Bryant to me would give us that big bodied target Jimmy could use close to the goal line, and Bryant is a deep threat as well. If we did trade for Bryant, I would try to lock him up to a reasonable extension quickly, because he could have a HUGE season for us, and I'd like to keep him relatively cheap if possible.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Bobdawg78:
Not interested in paying Robinson big money coming off that injury. As far as FA's go, I want us to sign Norwell and T. Johnson. Norwell gives us a STUD LG, and Johnson gives us a shut down corner to pair with Witherspoon. As far as WR goes, I would trust Shanahan to be able to find a FA WR that he thinks he can coach up, like he did with Goodwin. Having Garcon+Goodwin+Taylor is not to shabby with Jimmy G throwing them the ball. Granted we do need to get a young big target type sooner rather than later. Personally I would beat the tires on getting M. Bryant from the Steelers, perhaps we could get him for a 6th or 7th round pick, or maybe trade someone redundant on our roster like Armstead? Bryant to me would give us that big bodied target Jimmy could use close to the goal line, and Bryant is a deep threat as well. If we did trade for Bryant, I would try to lock him up to a reasonable extension quickly, because he could have a HUGE season for us, and I'd like to keep him relatively cheap if possible.
If Bryant is available for a late round pick that would be a huge win.

Norwell is going to NY. And I don't want to spend 14 mil a year on a guard.

He is a meat head
Norwell is going to NY. And I don't want to spend 14 mil a year on a guard.

Pretty much this!
  • jcs
  • Veteran

He is a meat head
He's a super talented meathead making 700k this year, I'd risk a 6th rounder for that.
Bryant also has been playing on ST as well, although if we were to get him, I would take that away, to limit his chances of injury. Bryant is a game changer, if he's utilized correctly. The Steelers just have too many weapons to get it to him. Brown wants a ton of balls, Bell gets a ton of carries and catches, and then last year JuJu came in and showed that he is the future side kick of Brown. Bryant wants a bigger role, and we can offer it. Sign me up, as long as we get him to sign at least a 2-3 year extension on top of it.
Share 49ersWebzone