LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 209 users in the forums

WR Marquise "Flash" Goodwin (traded to PHI)

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by NCommand:
LOL and a returner.

Meh. His return ability is nothing worth writing home about.

Given some of his injury issues, I would hope that the 49ers focus on using him as a receiver and not taking unnecessary shots. He's a quality deep threat, that should be his main role.

Kerley is already a pretty solid returner. So don't need Goodwin for that.
Originally posted by Psinex:
Kerley is already a pretty solid returner. So don't need Goodwin for that.

Kerley has punt returns locked down, but hasn't returned very many kickoffs in his career. Would still like to add someone who can be dynamic there.
I will understand this signing if Pryor or Jeffrey is picked up. Not much money so the upside is positive but his injury history and never having fielded a punt or played in the slot much is head scratching. I guess he is cheaper than Torrey but definitely not as durable which is a huge issue.
I think he'll be our KR and 4th WR. He'll come in on 4 WR sets, and I would kind of like to see how he handles hand offs on a WR sweep.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Bobdawg78:
I think he'll be our KR and 4th WR. He'll come in on 4 WR sets, and I would kind of like to see how he handles hand offs on a WR sweep.

He's taking a CB and safety deep. Also think he will be used in the screen game.
Originally posted by pd24:

He's taking a CB and safety deep. Also think he will be used in the screen game.

It would be awesome to see a 49ers offense run a successful screen.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by IHATELOWELLCOHN:
Originally posted by pd24:

It would be awesome to see a 49ers offense run a successful screen.
If you read your username real fast it looks like I HATE HALLOWEEN
Gabriel was utilized extremely well, I'll trust Kyle here.
Good speedy #4 WR who can return kicks. Solid

boom
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Ah I remember that play, I absolutely love this and all of the 5 signings. Hopefully we can lock up either Poe or Williams or Hankins, Bouye, Jeffery, and maybe a OL or OLB, hell why not everything, we have the room.
Just heard about this.

Did he return kicks for Buffalo? He's one of the fastest players in the entire league.
Originally posted by NinerSickness:
Just heard about this.

Did he return kicks for Buffalo? He's one of the fastest players in the entire league.

He hasn't done much returning since his rookie year, including no kickoff returns last year. Maybe he's got the ability, but hasn't shown much in that regard.

Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by NinerSickness:
Just heard about this.

He hasn't done much returning since his rookie year, including no kickoff returns last year. Maybe he's got the ability, but hasn't shown much in that regard.

This is a weird signing. It's not like when they acquired Tedd Ginn because Ginn could return kicks w/ the best of 'em.
Share 49ersWebzone