LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 260 users in the forums

WR Marquise "Flash" Goodwin (traded to PHI)

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by StubbyNBY:
ANOTHER Concussion. May be done...

Did they confirm? I thought he cleared the protocol and he was back out in the forked yesterday after that hit.
This guy has to retire. It freaking sucks because he opens up everything for everyone else but the dude gets touched now and instantly gets concussed. So sad.
Originally posted by wailers15:
Originally posted by StubbyNBY:
ANOTHER Concussion. May be done...

Did they confirm? I thought he cleared the protocol and he was back out in the forked yesterday after that hit.

I just rewatched it. Dude was hella wobbly. He somehow may have cleared but there was no way they were letting him back in...and they didn't (I believe that's what Kyle said).
[ Edited by NCommand on Oct 21, 2019 at 5:10 AM ]
  • Jiks
Yup, it was a good run but at some point for his own well being later in life he has to call it quits.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Feel bad for him! How many accidental collusion has he had?
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
Terrible news, He deserves better.
Originally posted by NCommand:
This guy has to retire. It freaking sucks because he opens up everything for everyone else but the dude gets touched now and instantly gets concussed. So sad.

This
I think Richie James can replace his speed (for the most part) and KB is a better, all around WR.

I think we make a move for Emmanuel or Sanu in the next few days....

Feel bad for him but his hands have been brutal this year too. He's the most seasoned guy at the position for us and he just can't play consistently.

Everything that's happening in his personal life it's definitely time to hang them up. Other guys have to step up.
Let's bite the bullet, trade our 2nd round pick for a solid WR. No one is stepping up.

Originally posted by genus49:

Feel bad for him but his hands have been brutal this year too. He's the most seasoned guy at the position for us and he just can't play consistently.

Everything that's happening in his personal life it's definitely time to hang them up. Other guys have to step up.

No doubt. Plus he has other aspirations as well (Olympics). A little less contact there.
Originally posted by socalniner:
Let's bite the bullet, trade our 2nd round pick for a solid WR. No one is stepping up.

Do we have to trade Dee Ford as part of that deal?

This is baloney. A different guy steps up every week. One week it was Pettis, this week it was James and Bourne. Usually it's Kittle or Juice. The problem isn't the WRs, it's JimmyG's inaccuracy and habit of throwing into double or triple coverage. He doesn't appear to be who we thought he was. Two years ago he was sensational, a gunslinger with confidence and accuracy. That confidence has not returned. He's playing well and had a few good runs, but to be honest, his performance as a passer had been woeful. Mullens seems much more confident in his ability.
Originally posted by genus49:

Do we have to trade Dee Ford as part of that deal?

Haha I see what you did there.
Originally posted by kezarvet49:

This is baloney. A different guy steps up every week. One week it was Pettis, this week it was James and Bourne. Usually it's Kittle or Juice. The problem isn't the WRs, it's JimmyG's inaccuracy and habit of throwing into double or triple coverage. He doesn't appear to be who we thought he was. Two years ago he was sensational, a gunslinger with confidence and accuracy. That confidence has not returned. He's playing well and had a few good runs, but to be honest, his performance as a passer had been woeful. Mullens seems much more confident in his ability.

Share 49ersWebzone