There are 161 users in the forums

WR Marquise "Flash" Goodwin (traded to PHI)

Shop 49ers game tickets
Played well for someone who barely made the roster
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:

3 catches, 77 yards, 1 td! Nice production!
So many trolls- trade Goodwin, G not making the team. He ain't good. Blah blah blah-Dumbasses. Goodwin offers a specific talent that none of the others can't. People are blind if they don't understand that or what Kyle is thinking. Lots of little kids or old people with little kid minds.

The receivers all offer something different. This makes a DC have nightmare in game planning and packages. While Kyle will move them around he also has them penciled in at the different positions. Like Deebo and Pettis are not on the field at the same time. Future maybe, but kyle will have so many more packages as the season progress. Same with Goodwin and Bourne as pairs-but yet different. Then you got Taylor and Hurd when they come back, but Hurd will move around.
  • dj43
Originally posted by WildBill:
So many trolls- trade Goodwin, G not making the team. He ain't good. Blah blah blah-Dumbasses. Goodwin offers a specific talent that none of the others can't. People are blind if they don't understand that or what Kyle is thinking. Lots of little kids or old people with little kid minds.

No reason to say stuff like this. Make your point without insulting the board.

The receivers all offer something different. This makes a DC have nightmare in game planning and packages. While Kyle will move them around he also has them penciled in at the different positions. Like Deebo and Pettis are not on the field at the same time. Future maybe, but kyle will have so many more packages as the season progress. Same with Goodwin and Bourne as pairs-but yet different. Then you got Taylor and Hurd when they come back, but Hurd will move around.

So is your big adult mind telling you Deebo and Pettis are too similar to be on the field at the same time? Because they are two very different types of WRs
Originally posted by dj43:

I would like to talk/debate constructively, but sometimes people say ridiculous stuff without merit, especially when either the data is there and Kyle has talked about it.
If you reread-you will see that I wrote that they are not similar, that the wr are listed in similar groupings whether it is slot, Z etc. In the future Kyle has said that he wants to be interchangeable. So far as I could tell, at this moment Deebo and Pettis have not been on the field at the same time. Correct me if there is videos of it. That will be up to Kyle as he is the Mad Max coordinator of the Off. We also know that it depend on the opponents and how their DBs play. Perhaps they will be on the field at the same time in the future more. Right now based on what Kyle has done and what Jimmy G has shown, I doubt it.

Like on pitch and catch, Kyle has been using Deebo and not Pettis while using Goodwin to help stretch the field so that the safety can't creep up in the box. Cause Deebo is more physical like a RB. Pettis is not fast as Goodwin. Jimmy also has not been targeting Pettis, is it a trust issue or him not getting open enough or as much as Goodwin. That is a question for Jimmy, but he won't tell obviously. I think at the end of the season there is more or a chance the two are on the field at the same time. Right now no, why, I am not Kyle and don't pretend to be able to get into his mind. If you could you'd be enemy #1.
Originally posted by Youngone:
So is your big adult mind telling you Deebo and Pettis are too similar to be on the field at the same time? Because they are two very different types of WRs
Great showing, we needed the contribution from many different receivers as we can't only rely on kittle

Now the youngsters Pettis and Samuel and even the rbs are contributing nicely
Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:

He was never a cut candidate with a GTD salary.

• FaTaL
  • Veteran

Speed demands respect
Originally posted by dj43:

I would like to talk/debate constructively, but sometimes people say ridiculous stuff without merit, especially when either the data is there and Kyle has talked about it.

Well, you carry on with the constructive stuff. Firing off general insults or whatever is not going to help.
Kyle said Goodwin was out today for personal reasons again. Anyone know why?

[ Edited by NCommand on Oct 11, 2019 at 5:01 PM ]
Originally posted by NCommand:

His wife is pregnant again, hopefully it's not that or any issue with it, he's been through to much.

I'm sure he'll play Sunday.
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by NCommand:

His wife is pregnant again, hopefully it's not that or any issue with it, he's been through to much.

I'm sure he'll play Sunday.

We need him but his family need him more
Share 49ersWebzone