There are 117 users in the forums

CB K'Waun Williams signs with the 49ers

Originally posted by gold49digger:
Originally posted by PacTiger:
You know we talent starved when we get excited about taking a 1 year flyer on an undersized corner who didnt play last year. Yet, I'm still excited over this.

This.

It's is small, but it is nice to know that he picked us over other teams, even if it's because we have his former coaches.

He is a decent pick up, a talented fast kid on the cheap and those never hurt...I think what is actually exciting about it is more that the team isn't going to sit on it's hands and wait for bargain basement shopping like in that past. That is a luxury that good teams have, and Baalke's ego wouldn't let him recognize how bad the roster had gotten...he refused to change his process and concede the need for a rebuild. A bad team has to pay for some free agents, a bad team cant draft injured kids and see if they heal.
Isn't Eric Berry a medical risk?
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
Nice....We just need to draft Ahkello Witherspoon from Colorado in the 3rd/4th round. The most underrated cover CB in college, who did a great job against John Ross. He has great size and length. Sleeper of the draft.

RCB: Robinson, Reaser
LCB: Witherspoon, Johnson
SLOT: Williams, Redmon
SS: Tartt/Reid (vice versa)
FS: Ward, Rookie/FA

Release: TBrock

Yup!

RCB: Tramaine Brock; Keith Reaser
S/CB: Will Redmond; Chris Davis, K'Waun Williams & Prince Charles Iwora
LCB: Rashard Robinson; Dontae Johnson & JaCorey Shepherd
FS: Jimmie Ward; Eric Reid, Marcus Cromartie & Marcus Ball
SS: Jaquiski Tartt; Antoine Bethea & Vinnie Sunseri

As long as Reid is recovered from his surgery I can't see him not starting.
This was a really good signing

Shanahan has stated that he would prefer speed over size on the cornerback position (I'll search for link)
This guy may end up being our starting nickel
[ Edited by Quest4six on Feb 22, 2017 at 9:49 AM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
lets see if he can make it through camp on his ankle before we put him on the game day roster people. you people are just setting yourself up for failure when you get your hopes up high. just wait and see
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
I don't get the 1 year deal..

i look at him and he reminds me of Ronde Barber.. just a steady corner.. not great, but steady.. so if he plays superbly, he'll be asking for more than what we could have signed him for 2 years already.

GRADE: C-
Originally posted by 9moon:

i look at him and he reminds me of Ronde Barber.. just a steady corner.. not great, but steady.. so if he plays superbly, he'll be asking for more than what we could have signed him for 2 years already.

It's a prove it deal coming off a bad injury. If he does well we would sign him to a longer term deal.
This move reminds me of when we signed Perrish Cox. It's a low risk signing that could have some reward behind it.

1 yr b/c he's injury prone bud.
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
Nice....We just need to draft Ahkello Witherspoon from Colorado in the 3rd/4th round. The most underrated cover CB in college, who did a great job against John Ross. He has great size and length. Sleeper of the draft.

RCB: Robinson, Reaser
LCB: Witherspoon, Johnson
SLOT: Williams, Redmon
SS: Tartt/Reid (vice versa)
FS: Ward, Rookie/FA

Release: TBrock

Yup!

RCB: Tramaine Brock; Keith Reaser
S/CB: Will Redmond; Chris Davis, K'Waun Williams & Prince Charles Iwora
LCB: Rashard Robinson; Dontae Johnson & JaCorey Shepherd
FS: Jimmie Ward; Eric Reid, Marcus Cromartie & Marcus Ball
SS: Jaquiski Tartt; Antoine Bethea & Vinnie Sunseri

As long as Reid is recovered from his surgery I can't see him not starting.

i can. tarrt has better traits for this defense at ss

Originally posted by fan49:

This. This is a 4-3 under defense now. Tartt would be asked to play the Kam Chanellor role. From Barrows:

Strong safety. Chancellor has devastated the 49ers' tight ends with huge, intimidating hits the last few years, and San Francisco would love someone similar to terrorize pass catchers and running backs. Smart, reliable Eric Reid played a lot more closer to the line of scrimmage this past season and would be safe choice. But Jaquiski Tartt is faster, more dynamic and would be the bolder option.

Tartt has also played a lot in the box and played in the Robber assignments which is very similar. I think Tartt could transition into that role rather smoothly. Reid? Not sure, really. He certainly isn't an intimidating force. LOL
Originally posted by fan49:

This. This is a 4-3 under defense now. Tartt would be asked to play the Kam Chanellor role. From Barrows:

Strong safety. Chancellor has devastated the 49ers' tight ends with huge, intimidating hits the last few years, and San Francisco would love someone similar to terrorize pass catchers and running backs. Smart, reliable Eric Reid played a lot more closer to the line of scrimmage this past season and would be safe choice. But Jaquiski Tartt is faster, more dynamic and would be the bolder option.

Tartt has also played a lot in the box and played in the Robber assignments which is very similar. I think Tartt could transition into that role rather smoothly. Reid? Not sure, really. He certainly isn't an intimidating force. LOL

Reid use to have the reputation as a big hitter too. I think his head injures played a big part in losing alot of that in his game.
This guy graded as a top 15 player his first year and The next year I believe top 35. That is pretty astounding considering he was on the Cleveland Browns. We got a very good slot corner that will start in my opinion over Redmond but either way we have some pretty damn good depth. If we sign one of the top three corners in for agency we will be a very very good secondary

There is so much wrong in this post idk where to begin
8 pages for a scrub that will never touch the field other than special teams? NT
Share 49erswebzone