LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 284 users in the forums

CB K'Waun Williams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by braap49er:
I wonder if they are also in charge of counting ballots in the election

Originally posted by elguapo:
Just see if he will take around 5-7 mil a year please. Well worth it especially on a down/injured year for a top 3 nb

Well worth re-signing, I like a trio of Verrett/Moseley/Williams at CB, keep Sherm and move him to FS, Moore to SS, cut Ward, don't re-sign Tartt.
Just see if he will take around 5-7 mil a year please. Well worth it especially on a down/injured year for a top 3 nb

Interesting proposition. I never thought about Williams re-signing due to a down year. If he's willing to take less than FMV, then it may be worth a look. However, I would not re-sign Verrett and Sherman. Those players are fools gold.

+1
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

Well worth re-signing, I like a trio of Verrett/Moseley/Williams at CB, keep Sherm and move him to FS, Moore to SS, cut Ward, don't re-sign Tartt.

Exactly this. But I say keep Sherman at cb for another year. If he's bad just put in Moesley
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Interesting proposition. I never thought about Williams re-signing due to a down year. If he's willing to take less than FMV, then it may be worth a look. However, I would not re-sign Verrett and Sherman. Those players are fools gold.

Fools gold? Certainly not performance wise. Both top 10-15 cbs in the league. Maybe injury wise but that's about it
Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:

+1

do you think he would take less than 6 mil per year? That would be ideal

We know what Sherman is, but Verrett is scary. Should offer him an incentive laden deal. Per game bonuses.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

We know what Sherman is, but Verrett is scary. Should offer him an incentive laden deal. Per game bonuses.

I concur. The only problem is Verrett would get more money or a better deal on a losing/more desperate team imo. I hope he gives us a discount for believing in him (like McKinnon )

Sherman/Verrett combo would be an easy SB for us with Bosa back next year imo. This year would of been so easy to claim the NFC with the other teams shortcomings. Nothing like a nfl record of injuries by the niners for the 1st 10 weeks of a season. Better to be lucky than good I guess

I concur. The only problem is Verrett would get more money or a better deal on a losing/more desperate team imo. I hope he gives us a discount for believing in him (like McKinnon )

Sherman/Verrett combo would be an easy SB for us with Bosa back next year imo. This year would of been so easy to claim the NFC with the other teams shortcomings. Nothing like a nfl record of injuries by the niners for the 1st 10 weeks of a season. Better to be lucky than good I guess

If Moore had Sherman's football IQ, I'd agree, though Shermn/Verrett still looks really good. I can't say it enough. I'd really like to see a seconday of Mosely/Verrett/Moore/Sherman + Williams holding down the slot and our full pass rush. If we could get 12 games out of Bosa and Ford, that team surrenders under 15 a game on average.

K. Williams looked good. Then Jamar Taylor looked good and now Dontae Johnson looked good this past game. Maybe the defensive staff knows what they are doing with the slot defensive back and put them in situations to succeed.

Don't see K. Williams or Sherman being resigned maybe come to the realization.
Originally posted by Niner4ever:
K. Williams looked good. Then Jamar Taylor looked good and now Dontae Johnson looked good this past game. Maybe the defensive staff knows what they are doing with the slot defensive back and put them in situations to succeed.

I would hope the staff won't make a decision based off of a single game. The team looked good against the Rams for a game. Then came Buffalo. Williams is proven and Sherman doesn't need a long term deal. You aren't just paying for ability with Uncle Sherm.

If Moore had Sherman's football IQ, I'd agree, though Shermn/Verrett still looks really good. I can't say it enough. I'd really like to see a seconday of Mosely/Verrett/Moore/Sherman + Williams holding down the slot and our full pass rush. If we could get 12 games out of Bosa and Ford, that team surrenders under 15 a game on average.
That's the hard part. Finding players at any position who posses the skill and the IQ. This is every team's never ending search, amigo.
Originally posted by Niner4ever:

I would hope the staff won't make a decision based off of a single game. The team looked good against the Rams for a game. Then came Buffalo. Williams is proven and Sherman doesn't need a long term deal. You aren't just paying for ability with Uncle Sherm.
Oh no, it can never be off a single game. What I am basing my opinion on is that no matter who the slot DB is his success can be attributed to the defensive staff's ability to put them in the best position to succeed.
Re-watching now last week's game vs. the Cardinals…this guy continues to be such a playmaker in the secondary! Really hoping they re-sign him.
Share 49ersWebzone