LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 261 users in the forums

CB K'Waun Williams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by thl408:
He's been a 49er for three seasons and his thread only has 25 pages. He must be playing well.

HA so true.

Kid is a stud, love to have in SF longer BUT this is his last chance at cashing in. He will be 30 when his contract is up.
Everyone trashed the 2017 off season moves, but K'Waun was one of the earliest moves this organization made and has paid off huge.
What is a fair contract ? 4 years 28 million 15gtd.?
  • thl408
Originally posted by Mooseman:

Not a fan of giving a 29 year old CB a multiyear deal unless there's a painless way to get out of the contract after two seasons. $15 gtd sounds like a lot. Kenny Moore signed a nice slot CB deal for 4 years with $9 guaranteed. Tavon Young got a 3 year deal with $13 gtd. Both are 25/26 years old.

I really hope DJ Reed can step up and show promise. That would prevent the 49ers from being in a tough spot of needing to extend KW.
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
Everyone trashed the 2017 off season moves, but K'Waun was one of the earliest moves this organization made and has paid off huge.

i don't think anyone trashed the 2017 moves.....well the draft kinda sucked for the first 3 rounds but i thought the 2017 was well received.
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by Mooseman:

Not a fan of giving a 29 year old CB a multiyear deal unless there's a painless way to get out of the contract after two seasons. $15 gtd sounds like a lot. Kenny Moore signed a nice slot CB deal for 4 years with $9 guaranteed. Tavon Young got a 3 year deal with $13 gtd. Both are 25/26 years old.

I really hope DJ Reed can step up and show promise. That would prevent the 49ers from being in a tough spot of needing to extend KW.

KW is a top 3 slot CB IMO, he should be re-signed, and I hope they do so.
He's gonna be a hard one to fit if Kittle and TWilliams are resigned to msssive contracts. Hope D.J. Reed can step into that role after next season.
He was probably among the top corners in the league in terms of forcing turnovers. This guy is extremely good and if it takes seven or so million to lock him up he's completely worth it. Also, it's hard for the Niners to find good corners so we need to keep them when we have them and make it a priority to do so.
Don't forget, he is hugely responsible for the 49ers beating the Seahawks. He made a HUGE SOLO tackle against John Ursua with 36 seconds to go in the 4th with a 4th down and 10. If Williams didn't get him down, Ursua would have scored and maybe gave the seahawks the win. It was a VERY underrated play.

Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by TheXFactor:

i don't think anyone trashed the 2017 moves.....well the draft kinda sucked for the first 3 rounds but i thought the 2017 was well received.

Oh they did. Trashed Earl Mitchell, the draft. The worst move we made that year in my opinion was the Malcolm Smith contract. Giving him 5 years was a joke.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

I would have said Warner if you asked me who let the team in TO.
He's one of this team's best kept secrets! This guy has been making plays since he's been here. He's covering some very tough guys in the slot and has definitely had his share of success. Also, really sticks his nose in there to make the tackle and has made some excellent 1-on-1 open field tackles. A great signing by this team and hopefully he can be extended when the time comes.
Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:
He's one of this team's best kept secrets! This guy has been making plays since he's been here. He's covering some very tough guys in the slot and has definitely had his share of success. Also, really sticks his nose in there to make the tackle and has made some excellent 1-on-1 open field tackles. A great signing by this team and hopefully he can be extended when the time comes.

That's going to be a tough one to get done imo.
Great he exited practice with a calf injury. I hope it's not too bad
Share 49ersWebzone