LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 260 users in the forums

CB K'Waun Williams

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
It's just getting healthy enough to get him thru UNEMPLOYMENT LIST as DJ Reed is ready to take over the spot..
Reed has nowhere near earned the right to get playing time over Williams. Many liked to rag on him, but it's pretty obvious who was getting roasted in the secondary last year. Teams went after Witherspoon, Colbert, and Mabin when they were out there. With Mabin it was pitch and catch. With Witherspoon it was "throw to the guy who's getting undressed by the CB and even if he's not, his reputation will get us a PI". With Colbert it was "look at someone shallow or pump fake and he'll come flying up out of position so you can launch a deep pass uncontested by the safety."
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Once that shoulder heals, I can't wait for Kocurek to work his craft...he's going to be a ferocious linebacker. VICIOUS! #Saleh
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
LINEBACKER???
I think he is a good player but this thread is only 19 pages long while this unproven rookie punter has a thread that is 76 pages long.
Originally posted by 9moon:
It's just getting healthy enough to get him thru UNEMPLOYMENT LIST as DJ Reed is ready to take over the spot..

Lol...............
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Maybe Witherspoon was so bad that there was no reason to challenge K'Waun Williams.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Yah'll should know by now... every year, we get TEASED with a ONE YEAR WONDER..

it's called the TIM McKYER CURSE !!

Ever since we didn't give him the contract he deserved and traded him to Miami, we often get find a young CB that looks promising and would lead us to giving him a BIG contract.. next thing yo know, the guy is counting his riches as he suckin big time..

Below are the list of that young CBs that we signed over the years.. I don't remember the order but the names could not be forgotten..

Antonio Langham
Marquez Pope
Tremain Brock
Nnamdi Asomugha
Carlos Rogers
Darnell Walker

.. i need to stop..

Ever since we didn't give him the contract he deserved and traded him to Miami, we often get find a young CB that looks promising and would lead us to giving him a BIG contract.. next thing yo know, the guy is counting his riches as he suckin big time..

Below are the list of that young CBs that we signed over the years.. I don't remember the order but the names could not be forgotten..

Antonio Langham
Marquez Pope
Tremain Brock
Nnamdi Asomugha
Carlos Rogers
Darnell Walker

.. i need to stop..

Carlos Rogers? Over his three year span of playing for the 9ers he probably played more snaps than anyone else on the team. He was the QB of the secondary in Fangio's highly rated defense. He wasn't great but he was very good to good. One year wonder? Doesn't seem like it to me.
Originally posted by 49erphan:

Antonio Langham
Marquez Pope
Tremain Brock
Nnamdi Asomugha
Carlos Rogers
Darnell Walker

.. i need to stop..

Carlos Rogers? Over his three year span of playing for the 9ers he probably played more snaps than anyone else on the team. He was the QB of the secondary in Fangio's highly rated defense. He wasn't great but he was very good to good. One year wonder? Doesn't seem like it to me.

Yeah, Rogers was solid for a few years for us.

Also...

Kwaun get sum!

• 9moon
  • Veteran
I APOLOGIZE... i meant to name NATE CLEMENTS from the Bills who we overly paid $80 million dollars..
Knee scope.

Also out until potentially week 1.
  • FaTaL
  • Veteran
  • thl408
Originally posted by FaTaL:

DJ Reed time? Which other CBs play the slot in practice?
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by FaTaL:

DJ Reed time? Which other CBs play the slot in practice?

Emmanuel Moseley has looked good there. But yeah, Reed could certainly slide back inside. I love him at slot.

[ Edited by NCommand on Aug 8, 2019 at 2:41 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone