There are 220 users in the forums

CB K'Waun Williams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by jcs:
There's a reason why the signed him in the offseason and then quickly gave him an extension. Guy is respected around the League as a slot CB.

Really, REALLY solid nickel corner. Great pick-up
Love this guy as a slot/nickel cover guy. He's quick, sound technique. Also, he's not a twig. Loved his tackle on Fournette for a one yard gain. Hope to see him in that role next year.
Originally posted by znk916:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Can we get some props for this dude? My goodness that interception was ridiculous. Sometimes the DB is the beneficiary of simply being in the right place, at the right time. In this case Williams made that INT happen through sheer effort.

Apparently that was his first career pick. I'm coming around on him, he's been solid and I can see him being a long term piece in our secondary.

He was dinged up and got abused his first game back but has been lights out ever since and now he's playing consistently. We've got some serious talent and depth right now in the secondary. When we replace Johnson, look out!
Originally posted by NCommand:
He was dinged up and got abused his first game back but has been lights out ever since and now he's playing consistently. We've got some serious talent and depth right now in the secondary. When we replace Johnson, look out!

Solid as a rock. Very solid player who should only get better to. We have our #2 and #3 Corner sets with Whiterspoon and Williams. If we can get a #1 guy, lookout because our safety tandem with Tartt and Colbert has a chance to be special as well.
Originally posted by StubbyNBY:

Solid as a rock. Very solid player who should only get better to. We have our #2 and #3 Corner sets with Whiterspoon and Williams. If we can get a #1 guy, lookout because our safety tandem with Tartt and Colbert has a chance to be special as well.

Yeah, since Ahkello has taken over, he's posting an 82.4 grade (33rd best CB) and that is exceptional for a rookie. And we've certainly faced some high powered offenses this year.

He very much could be that #1 with another off season. In this scheme, like Sherman, he'll stay on the same side no matter what so we just need a comparable CB on the other side and this secondary is complete.
  • jcs
  • Veteran

Yeah, since Ahkello has taken over, he's posting an 82.4 grade (33rd best CB) and that is exceptional for a rookie. And we've certainly faced some high powered offenses this year.

He very much could be that #1 with another off season. In this scheme, like Sherman, he'll stay on the same side no matter what so we just need a comparable CB on the other side and this secondary is complete.

He's a few years of development from being our true #1...I'd rather spend some money in FA and land us a big fish like Malcom Butler or Trumaine Johnson to command the role from day 1.
Kyle Fuller is on fire. Get that man in here.
Need to gif that INT. It was a beauty
that guy loves to hit people too

contract year ?

Sign Fuller. Draft a dime CB to develop.

Fuller
Witherspoon
Williams
Rookie?
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
CB to draft in the late 2nd thru the last day of the draft.

- Kam Kelly - San Diego State

- Quenton Meeks - Stanford

- Holton Hill - Texas

Want. Kyle. Fuller.

Williams has been playing really well for the Niners. In some games, you don't hear his name/see him as much - a good thing as it means he's doing his job in covering guys, not committing penalties, etc. Can also tackle pretty well for being a smaller CB.
There's a reason why the signed him in the offseason and then quickly gave him an extension. Guy is respected around the League as a slot CB.

Another excellent move by JL/KS!
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

Another excellent move by JL/KS!

Kinda low key disappointed from fools trash talking him earlier on like he was legit sorry considering the circumstances.

All i know is i hope people can stfu and consider circumstances going forward, not to mention give things/players a lil time before prematurely knocking the player

Thats my corner back
[ Edited by SmokeCrabtrees on Dec 26, 2017 at 2:12 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone