LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 277 users in the forums

CB K'Waun Williams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
Originally posted by StubbyNBY:
I don't think he will even make the team.

He will be better than Redmond at nickel slot corner, which is all that really matters.

Any signing they make is only to cover up for Baalke's mistakes.

Pretty good assessment 6 months earlier. So far he's outplaying Redmond in the NB position according to all the practice reports I can possibly read.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerjok:

He will be better than Redmond at nickel slot corner, which is all that really matters.

Pretty good assessment 6 months earlier. So far he's outplaying Redmond in the NB position according to all the practice reports I can possibly read.
He's going to win the nickel job outside of injury. I find it weird that they won't even give Redmond snaps opposite Robinson. I wonder if he makes it?
[ Edited by jcs on Aug 4, 2017 at 1:52 PM ]
Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:
wasnt he the "scrub" from the browns?

He's from the Browns but he isn't a scrub.
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by ninerjok:

He's going to win the nickel job outside of injury. I find it weird that they won't even give Redmond snaps opposite Robinson. I wonder if he makes it?

Maybe they don't wanna put too much on his plate mentally. I think that's part of the reason Williams is winning is he knows the system right? This battle probably goes all year. Williams when healthy had good stats. He's also 26 so he's had experience. Pulling for both these guys honestly to lock fools down in the slot.
  • evil
  • Veteran
The San Francisco 49ers announced on Friday that they have signed cornerback K'Waun Williams to a three-year extension through the 2020 season.

"Since joining us this offseason, K'Waun has displayed every trait and characteristic we want to see from our players," said 49ers General Manager John Lynch. "He is a tremendous competitor on the field and a true professional in our building. K'Waun has continued to get better and better every day and we wanted to ensure he would be a part of what we are building moving forward. I am really excited for both him and our team."

http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2/49ers-Sign-CB-KWaun-Williams-to-Three-year-Contract-Extension/24b05638-a8e5-4bc5-b0aa-7c46c4502019?sf117720144=1
Seems a bit premature to be giving this guy an extension. He's been solid though.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Seems a bit premature to be giving this guy an extension. He's been solid though.

i think i saw on Marvin or Johnnydel's weekly game evaluations that he played terrible against the rams and was picked on all game.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

Not sure solid is the word i would use

kinda like a Baalke move
All depends on the contract and compensation. Played well the first two games had a rough outing the last.

Originally posted by Izyniner:
All depends on the contract and compensation. Played well the first two games had a rough outing the last.

true. i hope its like baller backup money.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Not sure i would want this endorsement....

Originally posted by NinerGM:
johnnydel I would really like to see your reaction to this!

According to the film review thread, Williams had a poor game against the Rams
At worst he is the 4th or 5th CB on the roster near term and at best he keeps improving as a reliable starting slot corner.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Never heard of him
Share 49ersWebzone