There are 230 users in the forums

NY Jets HC-Robert Saleh

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 49ersFanCJinPA:
Originally posted by Jeepzilla:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Oh?

Damn that's a good video. Wow

Didn't think I could get anymore hyped about this defense but this video gets there

Hell of a fap video... I need to release.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Heroism:
Oh?

I'm glad Freddy Warner is starting to get recognized. Dude deserves it. Kid is an absolute baller.

Warner is a hidden gem - steal of the draft.
Originally posted by evil:
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Originally posted by evil:
I agree on staying when you got a good thing going. And if I were RS, I would also want to stay to pick Kyle's brain especially with regards to offense. He has a chance to strengthen his football knowledge on the other side of the ball from one of the best offensive minds in the NFL right now which should help him when he does take a HC opportunity.

I posted similarly awhile back and i don't think learning O from the best OC in the NFL in a long, long time is lost of Saleh. And if HC is a possibility down the line, knowing O is a requisite if you are a DC by training. Saleh is smart and he recognizes this.

Other thing about Saleh was his loyalty. Yes, offered the BIG job, HC, is tempting, but if he stays on and 9ers do win it all this yr or next or the next, it will just bring Saleh more recognition, it will show him how two young guys went about building a team, who you pick up in FA, how you figure what you need and who in draft, and how you go about trading. OCing isn't just going on here. Saleh has the cat bird's seat in seeing/learning how a literal 45 man team is turned over at 43 slots and it becomes wildly competitive in the 3rd yr.

Back to loyalty, he wrote a very interesting piece for Pete Carroll when applying for a job interview some half a dozen yrs ago as LB coach. If you haven't read it , it is worth reading, in that he said to Carroll that he would be hard working , LOYAL, and so on. Plus Saleh is a good guy, and players all say so. He is honest, but the loyalty thing...kyle took an unknown, with only LB experience , and gave him a shot.

I don't think Saleh forgets that ever. And now with talent here, it is pretty easy to see what he has put together, again, with kyle bringing in the help that was desperately needed for DL and DBs coaching.

Point is, saleh could pick up a ring or two, learn a helluva lot of O, really learn the intricacies of being a great DC, learn about OCing, GMing...the whole enchilada. Is there another team in the NFL who could come close to all that? Not hardly...so i see him staying, winning, learning, and keeping his word of loyalty to kyle. (We don't know what kind of deal they made ...if any...but i bet there was one).

Lastly, Saleh is a smart guy and there are some stops...you just don't want to go there. Cleve, WASH....you know the list. And if saleh goes somewhere, if he is as smart as i think , he will not pick a dog ...but rather a good place, good owner, good team...not like a 2017 totally new 9ers team being a complete rebuild. GMs? He would have to deal with that...and he could get one of the many screwups from now or have been GMs before.

On the whole, everything sure looks like saleh stays...for awhile, anyway. There is just too much good going on here, too much to learn, to jump at a HC job when truly...he isn't near ready enough.

It is interesting how BB loses a DC or OC frequently (or other position coaches) all who move on to better jobs. Yet, it doesn't hurt BB and his coaching, winning consistently over most of last 20 yrs. BB knows OCing, DCing, backwards and forwards, and coaching loses don't bother him because he is the OC and DC anyway...he just gets guys to do his bidding.

I think Kyle is like that too, and plans to be in a similar situation. It would be hard to believe Saleh doesn't see the wisdom in that also.

Remind me of this if i am wrong.

Good post Doc.

Great post. There are a lot of DCs that leave the nest too early IMO (OCs as well). Of course you have exceptions to the rule, but I generally prefer a proven guy at two stops minimum OR has strong together a few years on top notch play calling. Saleh can not only pick the brain of Kyle and John, but he can also bring in his network of coaches for various defensive assistant positions to groom them so that when it is time to make the move, he will have guys that can be position coaches and teach players the way he wants. There is a lot to be gained by Saleh remaining for another year or 2.
Is he any good anymore? Would love a 3rd speed security/rotational ER

I like the type of player, but isn't he another guy who's contract is up soon? We need to get guys on rookie deals to balance out the huge deals that we will be signing Buckner, Armstead, Kittle, Breida, Sanders (if he works out), etc too. At this point, you have to consider Jimmy Ward as well, though I think Jimmy Ward of all people should consider giving the 49ers a discount LMAO.
Dis what Saleh do

Saleh has improved dramatically this season.

I guess we won't talk about bosa being in coverage that one play then...
Niners picked up a few more life long bandwagoners today
That touchdown shouldn't have even happened... obvious holding call, but not called...
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

Truth
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame

I welcome all newcomers

I am not a purist.
Defense giving up under 10 PPG (9.71 PPG) so far this season (68 total so far).

W1 TB - 10 (TB had another 7 from their defense)
W2 CIN - 17
W3 PIT - 20
W5 CLE - 3
W6 LAR - 7
W7 WAS - 0
W8 CAR - 11 (CAR had another 2 from their defense)
[ Edited by captveg on Oct 27, 2019 at 7:07 PM ]

CMCs long TD should've been called back imo. Looked like there was a clear as day hold of Kwon Alexander
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Dis what Saleh do

Originally posted by Crown:

I welcome all newcomers

I am not a purist.

Same. Aren't we all bandwagoners at one point...

Who became a fan of a 2-14 team

Become a fan because they are good. We're just to stubborn to leave when they became bad
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame

I welcome all newcomers

I am not a purist.

Same. Aren't we all bandwagoners at one point...

Who became a fan of a 2-14 team

Become a fan because they are good. We're just to stubborn to leave when they became bad

I welcome all newcomers

I am not a purist.

I don't . Tickets are getting expensive enough! All the damn band wagoners keep pumping up the prices
Share 49ersWebzone