LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 351 users in the forums

NY Jets HC-Robert Saleh

Shop 49ers game tickets
Y'know, this crow tastes pretty good in a sammich
Lol
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/128766-names-49ers-robert-saleh-among-coordinators-potential-coaching/

If Shanny and Lynch are smart they do everything they can to keep Saleh, by any means necessary.

If Saleh is being offer a HC position, there is not much Shanny and Lynch can do. Nolan tried hard to keep Norv Turner, but he couldn't stop Turner from accepting a good HC opportunity.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by littleken:
https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/128766-names-49ers-robert-saleh-among-coordinators-potential-coaching/

If Shanny and Lynch are smart they do everything they can to keep Saleh, by any means necessary.

If Saleh is being offer a HC position, there is not much Shanny and Lynch can do. Nolan tried hard to keep Norv Turner, but he couldn't stop Turner from accepting a good HC opportunity.

If and IF Saleh is offered a HC'ing gig, he's gone!!! I'm not worried, Joe Woods is standing by. The guy you need to keep happy is D-line coach, Kris Kocurek. I think Kocurek is one of the best D-line coaches since well Jim Tomsula.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

If and IF Saleh is offered a HC'ing gig, he's gone!!! I'm not worried, Joe Woods is standing by. The guy you need to keep happy is D-line coach, Kris Kocurek. I think Kocurek is one of the best D-line coaches since well Jim Tomsula.

Just keep his supply of coke coming.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Who's going to offer him a head coaching job, lol.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Sep 29, 2019 at 1:51 AM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by mayo49:

Shoot, if Zac Taylor can get a head coaching job Saleh shouldn't be too far behind. If Saleh can keep his defense in the top 5-10, it wouldn't surprise me if he gets interviews next off season.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

Shoot, if Zac Taylor can get a head coaching job Saleh shouldn't be too far behind. If Saleh can keep his defense in the top 5-10, it wouldn't surprise me if he gets interviews next off season.

He'll get an interview, but no one is going to hire him. He's just too green still.

He'll get an interview, but no one is going to hire him. He's just too green still.

Totally. It seems most teams now want to hire offensive minds, not defensive minds (see Fangio).

I Hope you're right on that. I'd hate to loose continuity when it finally looks like we have it on defense.

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by NCommand:

Totally. It seems most teams now want to hire offensive minds, not defensive minds (see Fangio).

True, hirings in the last three years:

Mike Vrabel
Brian Flores
Vic Fangio
Sean McDermott
Matt Patricia

To

Matt Nagy
Bruce Arians
Zac Taylor
Sean McVay
Indy HC - forgot his name
Kliff Kingsbury
Kyle Shanahan
Jon Gruden
Freddie Kitchens
Anthony Lynn
Interesting that he's on the head coach potential list after a decent contingent wanted him fired until this year. Amazing how much better coaches look with better assistants and talent on the field.
Originally posted by ltrain:
Interesting that he's on the head coach potential list after a decent contingent wanted him fired until this year. Amazing how much better coaches look with better assistants and talent on the field.

I wouldn't mind losing him based on this ^^^

He doesn't do anything I see as irreplaceable
Originally posted by 5thSFG:

Why? The team is finally winning?
Originally posted by WestCoastForever:
Originally posted by 5thSFG:

Why? The team is finally winning?

I certainly don't WANT him to take another job, i just don't see him as vital to our success. Our defensive scheme runs itself so far as i can see. . . we run base defense most the time with few blitzes. with that being true, i think our position coaches are more vital than the D cord.

Im not heavily invested in my opinion on this one.
Share 49ersWebzone