LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 221 users in the forums

NY Jets HC-Robert Saleh

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Armstead will be the LDT and Blair or Lynch will be the LDE.

Blair can play DT and DE in this system. Has a great motor doesn't give up on plays. Won't be surprised to see him push AA out of the starting lineup.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
there's the bad news.

Garrett doesn't fit the 4-3 system. You'll get yet another DL, since AA was a bust.

Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by Quest4six:
I'm wondering as well
Also how is AA a bust? We drafted him for his potential and after a season people are wanting to cut him.

Pretty much the equivalent of buying a long term stock and dumping it after a week because you don't see the short term results lol.

New FO, New Coaching staff. They are going to turn this roster upside down over the next couple years. The guys that haven't contributed much are going to get cut irregardless of draft position. AA hasn't done much of anything in his 2 year career.

I disagree with this because AA has so much potential. Also so far he's had a rookie season and an injured season. We haven't even seen what he is capable of yet.

I watched every game he played at Oregon, the kid can play. Just needs to be healthy and have a chance.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
I disagree with this because AA has so much potential. Also so far he's had a rookie season and an injured season. We haven't even seen what he is capable of yet.

I watched every game he played at Oregon, the kid can play. Just needs to be healthy and have a chance.

Potential is nothing if it's not realized.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
there's the bad news.

Garrett doesn't fit the 4-3 system. You'll get yet another DL, since AA was a bust.

lol
So is Jonathan Allen in play now? We need as much talent as possible at the dline if were going 4-3.
3-4 or 4-3 it doesn't matter much when over 60% of the time we are in Nickel
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ComeOnDeberg:

Is he of Middle East decent?
Originally posted by Ninerfan84:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by Ninerfan84:
Don't think that's happening anytime soon. He has a starting role in the system Saleh would presumably run.

I agree. I think AA will be the starting strong side base end.

The more I think about it AA may be better as a one gap penetrating 3T with Buckner 2 gap as a 4T. We need a NT and an upgrade at LEO would be ideal.

We could do that as well. I personally prefer Buckner as the 3-tech, because thats the premier interior player and Buckner is a superior player to Armstead. But I can also see how Armstead would benefit a lot from playing 3T.

Definitely need a NT, I wonder if Dial can fill that role.

LEO needs to be addressed aggressively. An impact player there is an absolute must. Get Melvin Ingram in free agency, or draft one in the first 2 rounds.

Originally posted by mayo49:

From Dearborn, Michigan lol
Originally posted by ComeOnDeberg:

yes. http://www.arabamericannews.com/news/news/id_8239/Arab-American-NFL-coach%E2%80%99s-team-wins-Super-Bowl.html
Originally posted by jcs:

Potential is nothing if it's not realized.

I don't think anyone is doubting that he doesn't have the potential to live up to what is expected. I'm just saying lets give the guy a season before we start saying we need a replacement. Its not like we are trying to win the SB next season anyways

I'd rather focus on other positions and give AA some time to develop, hes only 23. Put a pass rusher like Garrett behind him and some decent linebackers and his play will improve drastically.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SofaKing:

From Dearborn, Michigan lol

lol
Originally posted by GORO:
Blair might have the most to gain from this switch. Nose Guard on passing downs!

Blair and Harold...I can see both being part of a rotational defensive scheme with plenty of versatility and players used for specific purposes.
Share 49ersWebzone