LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 245 users in the forums

NY Jets HC-Robert Saleh

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by PacTiger:
Originally posted by NCommand:
So apparently we've got 26 missed tackles through 2 games, 2nd worst in the NFL behind...

...the Kansas City Chiefs (29).

20 by coyle. Lol, jk.

LOL. And another 6 for Mark Nzgkghjgjgukjhuijhkj and Elijah Lee
Originally posted by PacTiger:
So apparently we've got 26 missed tackles through 2 games, 2nd worst in the NFL behind...

20 by coyle. Lol, jk.

Totally makes sense. Thanks for confirming. Get ready for new assistants spring 2019.
I'm watching the Jaguars' coaching tape and see them using first-round draft pick Taven Bryan(6-5, 291) as a edge rusher in nickel. They got three big, one small. Hmmm, that's exactly what Saleh does here lol.

It's clear Saleh got his love for going big at edge during his stint in Jacksonville.

Like I've been saying.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Just chatted with my bro who has a good friend from Tech (Texas) that saw all Tech games for last 40 yrs and that includes Mahomes. He claimed Mahomes run hot and cold and it just depends on which week you catch him.

I have a hard time believing that between FRed- Buck - Reuben, that we aren't going to see some serious pressure on Mahomes. Sacks even. Just too much talent in that triangle for it not to happen.

Good call!
Until guys like Cassius Marsh or Malcom Smith are off the roster/out of the starting lineup and we actually prioritize a ER - I will forever think Saleh is complete dogs**t.
Originally posted by Heroism:
I'm watching the Jaguars' coaching tape and see them using first-round draft pick Taven Bryan(6-5, 291) as a edge rusher in nickel. They got three big, one small. Hmmm, that's exactly what Saleh does here lol.

It's clear Saleh got his love for going big at edge during his stint in Jacksonville.

Yeah, seems adverse to Seattle who still has a ton of speed on the edges.

Are those bigger ER's in Jacksonville better in their ER abilities? Size is nice but the skill set is key.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49oz2superbowl:
Until guys like Cassius Marsh or Malcom Smith are off the roster/out of the starting lineup and we actually prioritize a ER - I will forever think Saleh is complete dogs**t.

One has nothing to do with the other. Lynch has to do those things.
  • evil
  • Veteran

I guess Chiefs DC Bob Sutton does not teach them how to tackle and Andy Reid must be OK with it
Originally posted by Hopper:

Not in the power structure Lynch outlined to the media several times. Coordinator and position coaches prioritize what types of players they want and front office identifes players in that mold and goes and gets them. It explains our surplus of "Big Ends" and obsession with ex Seattle players. If you see how Saleh uses Soloman Thomas it's clear he places very little value at the true ER position.

If Tartt can't go, I want DJ Reed.

A smaller size safety that plays big, with big plays potential.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

SS covers tight end in Saleh's scheme. Reed on Kelce? I like Reed and all, but...
Originally posted by evil:

I guess Chiefs DC Bob Sutton does not teach them how to tackle and Andy Reid must be OK with it

Yeah, we at least have some legit excuses like special teamers forced to start (Coyle, Lee, Nzeocha).

I have no idea what KC's excuses are.

It should get MUCH better with Foster back.
Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

SS covers tight end in Saleh's scheme. Reed on Kelce? I like Reed and all, but...

If it's not Tartt, it's got to be Exum. Right? Would Saleh really go with Ward?
Originally posted by Hopper:

Not in the power structure Lynch outlined to the media several times. Coordinator and position coaches prioritize what types of players they want and front office identifes players in that mold and goes and gets them. It explains our surplus of "Big Ends" and obsession with ex Seattle players. If you see how Saleh uses Soloman Thomas it's clear he places very little value at the true ER position.

Yup!
Share 49ersWebzone