LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 201 users in the forums

NY Jets HC-Robert Saleh

Shop 49ers game tickets
Daniel Jones ran for 49 on us. This i didn't even know he was a mobile QB till he played us. Any chance Saleh will ever address this issue?
Originally posted by ronniefreakinlott42:
Daniel Jones ran for 49 on us. This i didn't even know he was a mobile QB till he played us. Any chance Saleh will ever address this issue?

His game plan was solid who cares if they gave up 49 yards to the QB.
Originally posted by ronniefreakinlott42:

Kwon..
Looks like we're gonna get torched against better teams. Hopefully we can get Fangio next year the way Denver's playing. That's a D that played with violence.
Originally posted by TheGoldMineSF:
Originally posted by Sickaa:
Originally posted by jonnydel:
I'm seeing a troubling trend with our defense. We have a complete inability to even contain a top WR.
Julio
Michael Thomas
Robert Woods
Tyreek Hill
DeAndre Hopkins.

Each of these guys had HUGE games against us in the past 8 games.
Not saying it's all on Saleh, I did do a video last year after the ATL showing how he tried doubling him multiple times in multiple ways and still got burned. But, it's still disconcerting.

I haven't seen a Defense in the league who can stop those guys tbf lol

seriously? if they could easily be stopped, why would they be a top wr
never said, "easily stopped" said, "contained". Don't read things in to it.

Contained is understanding they will have production but limiting it while keeping them from having a game-breaking play. These guys have had, not just good games, but monster games above their average.

So, yes, there is a problem there.
Fargo wouldn't do much without Bosa, either, guys.

Defense is more about talent than anything else, especially when it comes to pass rush and pass defense.
Finally, what I...what we...have been waiting for, Saleh brot the heat on 3rd downs. I can't remember but a few blitzes ever, but with a DL staffed by guys who were on PS, or were rotational guys , or flat out new guys, he finally blitzed and blitzed a lot, from all over the field , and really put the heat on NYG's qb. Would a really good QB have eaten up that blitzing? Maybe? Probably? IDK, but it sure gave Giants the fits.

Unfortunately, one downside. Saleh was coaching against last yrs fired Dallas HC, Jason Garrett, former cowboy OC, and now OC for Giants. He is awful. So that takes a little luster off Saleh's well called game.

Biggest thing is maybe this gives Saleh some incentive to blitz again. We'll have to see if he does that against good teams. Against bad ones it seems to work like i had hoped. Murray, RW, Ravens Qb, Mahomes...all give us fits. Maybe we'll see some changes against Murray when we play again and perhaps against RW. (Changes= blitzes).
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Bring in the Ryan Twins !!!
  • thl408
KWilliams and Ward, when he comes down to play slot CB, have been used as blitzers more this season than in past seasons. It's been effective.
Originally posted by 9moon:
Bring in the Ryan Twins !!!

do you want to go 0-16?

I got a liquor induced headache yesterday from screaming "contain the edge" over and over, lol. This needs to be fixed ASAP.
3rd in total defense without Bosa.

So far, so good.
So much for this guy not being able to adjust
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
3rd in total defense without Bosa.

So far, so good.

We've played some horrendous offenses but they're getting better and better even with the injuries.

Just need to figure out a way to contain athletic QB's (Ian Williams said we should be the best at this given the frequency of which we face these guys), learn to guard a team's #1 receiver on 3rd downs and not go soft shell at the ends of halfs/games. Communications were better this game too. No big blown coverages or players confused pre snap.

Verrett + Sherman could be very interesting. More man? More exotic blitzes?

PS: In am concerned how the D will fair against a higher powered offense again.
[ Edited by NCommand on Sep 28, 2020 at 12:08 PM ]
Originally posted by thl408:
KWilliams and Ward, when he comes down to play slot CB, have been used as blitzers more this season than in past seasons. It's been effective.

I noticed this one too esp. K'Waun.
Share 49ersWebzone