There are 222 users in the forums

NY Jets HC-Robert Saleh

Shop 49ers game tickets
Bring home vic
Originally posted by yung_prophet_one:
If he does go to the lions who do you guys want as our next d coordinator?? First thought that comes to my mind is dan Quinn because he runs the same defense so the personal is a fit.. but then he really wasn't very good running the falcons defense.. any thoughts on who else would be a candidate??

Quinn doesn't run the same defense as Saleh. Saleh has significantly evolved his defense so much that it looks nothing like it when he got here.

And Quinn sucks:

Originally posted by Heroism:

Like I said, Dan Quinn is still running the OUTDATED Seattle scheme v1.0 cover 3 4-3 under. The guy has no idea how to evolve it, and the entire league has known how to beat it for years now. Even Saleh has significantly evolved the scheme so much that is doesn't look anything like it did in Seattle.

I like what Saleh has done with our scheme. 49ers are turning into their own wide 9 quarters defense.
Originally posted by AceDuce49:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Would suck to lose him, but if they can get a suitable replacement and net 2 3rds that would ease the pain a bit

How we gonna gain 2 3rds?

Part if the minority hire thing
Would suck to lose him, but if they can get a suitable replacement and net 2 3rds that would ease the pain a bit

If we lose a minority coach we gain 2 3rd round picks?

I know they were going to vote on that. Did it pass. The 3rd rounders would be one in 2012 and one in 2022.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

I know they were going to vote on that. Did it pass. The 3rd rounders would be one in 2012 and one in 2022.

I remember hearing about it, but I though it was if you hire a minority coach, then you get awarded draft picks, I just never heard that if you lse a minority coach then you also get awarded picks as well.
Who will replace this sad sap
Originally posted by pdizo916:

Correction: Bald Poon.
Originally posted by NCommand:

1-NCommand
2-pdizo916

1-NCommand
2-pdizo916

Bring back Lord Fangio!

[ Edited by NCommand on Dec 4, 2020 at 5:13 PM ]

Bring back Lord Fangio!

If Saleh leaves and Fangio is available, that's a no brainer for me. Not only do we get a fantastic DC, but he's likely to stick around until he retires now that he's had his HC shot.
[ Edited by Heroism on Dec 4, 2020 at 5:32 PM ]

1-NCommand
2-pdizo916

Bring back Lord Fangio!

He is not as good as Saleh and he would tear down and rebuild to implement a new system.
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
He is not as good as Saleh and he would tear down and rebuild to implement a new system.

That's very debatable BUT I'd be very curious as to how he'd approach our personnel with our coaches. Like you said, tear it all down to implement the 3-4 or adapt to what we already have and what's working? Fair question.
I remember hearing about it, but I though it was if you hire a minority coach, then you get awarded draft picks, I just never heard that if you lse a minority coach then you also get awarded picks as well.

The program is designed to reward developing minority coaches. If your black assistant gets promoted you get 2 3rd rounders. So we'll be getting the picks if Saleh leaves.
Everyone in Detroit(Dearborn) is dying to hire Saleh. Go 49ers
Share 49ersWebzone