Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by NCommand:
This bald poon ain't going anywhere.

Poon huh?
Originally posted by mitpdub:
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Hopefully the Eagles continue down the toilet and get rid of Jim Schwartz. Although defense is the least of their problems. I'd love Schwartz as a candidate to replace Saleh.

What do you have against Schwartz as a DC?

He was an Ahole as a HC and was involved in the handshake against Harbs.

And Sherman was an ahole cornerback for his entire career against the 49ers.

These guys are pros, if signed by a rival team they will act accordingly.
Originally posted by DaBeegDeek:
Originally posted by mitpdub:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Hopefully the Eagles continue down the toilet and get rid of Jim Schwartz. Although defense is the least of their problems. I'd love Schwartz as a candidate to replace Saleh.

What do you have against Schwartz as a DC?

He was an Ahole as a HC and was involved in the handshake against Harbs.

And Sherman was an ahole cornerback for his entire career against the 49ers.

These guys are pros, if signed by a rival team they will act accordingly.

I hold coaches to a higher standard. Unless he's ours like Harbaugh

He is the best coach on the team.
Originally posted by TheWooLick:

Originally posted by Hysterikal:

The D is every bit as decimated as the O by injuries this year and the team is ranked 4th in total defense.
Kyle is a great OC but Saleh is a better DC than Kyle is a HC. Both are top 3 coordinators.

The criticism of Saleh here has been dumb.
The D is every bit as decimated as the O by injuries this year and the team is ranked 4th in total defense.
Kyle is a great OC but Saleh is a better DC than Kyle is a HC. Both are top 3 coordinators.

Saleh has become a good coach from when he first arrived. But the difference between having a strong defense doesn't boil down to 1 position. Sure edge rushers are incredibly valuable and we have seen Saleh lift the defense without Bosa and Ford and that's impressive. But offense boils down to QB play. And all 3 QBs on our roster are inadequate. Which yes Kyle is partly to blame for the talent level on our roster. But that does not factor into how our offense has played up to right now. We have to play with the players we have and having some QBs most teams would have on their practice squad operate the offense is different than missing some edge rushers.
[ Edited by Hysterikal on Dec 1, 2020 at 9:14 AM ]
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

Saleh has become a good coach from when he first arrived. But the difference between having a strong defense doesn't boil down to 1 position. Sure edge rushers are incredibly valuable and we have seen Saleh lift the defense without Bosa and Ford and that's impressive. But offense boils down to QB play. And all 3 QBs on our roster are inadequate. Which yes Kyle is partly to blame for the talent level on our roster. But that does not factor into how our offense has played up to right now. We have to play with the players we have and having some QBs most teams would have on their practice squad operate the offense is different than missing some edge rushers.

The QB situation (excluding health) is 100% Kyle's making.
Saleh lost more than edge rushers. He lost a great DT in Buckner, depth with Thomas, the best db on the team...

Saleh is a top three DC, I am not sure Kyle is a top 3 HC yet.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Them 3rd round picks gonna be helpful

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Kinda hoping he doesn't leave now!!!
is he under contract after this year?
Originally posted by AceDuce49:
is he under contract after this year?

Irrelevant since you can't stop him from taking a HC promotion.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
I was JUST thinking this. With all of the terrible defenses I'm seeing this season, I love what we have ....

Have a feeling that the same guy who saw enough in Saleh to believe that he could be a good be a good DC back when he was just a LB's coach has some other names still on his list and some of them could in-house such as Demeco Ryans.
There should be a rule that if you take a HC job you can't cherry pick the team you're currently on to fill your coaches. They aren't Salehs coaches, they're Kyles. Well at least that's the way I see it. Maybe Kyle will be like go ahead and take him, I let you decide on your LB coach so he's yours. But please don't take Coach Koc. Let's make him the DC or something then
Share 49ersWebzone