LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 280 users in the forums

NY Jets HC-Robert Saleh

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • thl408
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by thl408:
Hopefully the Eagles continue down the toilet and get rid of Jim Schwartz. Although defense is the least of their problems. I'd love Schwartz as a candidate to replace Saleh.

What do you have against Schwartz as a DC?
Sorry I'm laughing from the gym shorts. I've never seen that and that's so f**king good

I just haven't seen any kind of imagination from him or attempts to update his playcalling approach, his defenses in Philly haven't been particularly awesome outside of one season, he feels like a relic from the Jeff Fisher days.

I have no doubt that if they want to keep Kris Kocurek around then he'd be the best guy to bring in but I'd really prefer someone younger, more open and willing to adapt.
  • thl408

I just haven't seen any kind of imagination from him or attempts to update his playcalling approach, his defenses in Philly haven't been particularly awesome outside of one season, he feels like a relic from the Jeff Fisher days.

I have no doubt that if they want to keep Kris Kocurek around then he'd be the best guy to bring in but I'd really prefer someone younger, more open and willing to adapt.

Fair enough. If you prefer a young mind to come in then I'm not sure who that would be. There's no need to overhaul the scheme (4-3, wide9, zone based with a healthy mix of single and two high coverages) so my main preference is that a new DC would not deviate much from what's currently in place. My best case scenario is that Saleh doesn't get a HC gig.
Hopefully the Eagles continue down the toilet and get rid of Jim Schwartz. Although defense is the least of their problems. I'd love Schwartz as a candidate to replace Saleh.

He was an Ahole as a HC and was involved in the handshake against Harbs.
Who are the top candidates to replace Saleh?

Richard?
Ryans
I think they will have to go the college route. So much of NFL offenses are college influenced. And i think that is where you will get creative play callers.

And i think they need to go a DB coach route.
Originally posted by evil:
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by mitpdub:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
If there's a football God, let him go to the lions

Isn't Saleh from Michigan ? Maybe a homecoming for him.

I doubt it being that Patricia was defensive minded HC. I think they go with an offensive minded coach

FWIW 4 of their last 5 Head Coaches were from defensive backgrounds.
The only one that worked out pretty well was Caldwell, three out of four seasons with a winning record.
[ Edited by communist on Nov 30, 2020 at 2:57 PM ]
Don't forget Detroit is owned by the Fords. Whatever makes sense they'll do the opposite.
Those owners have no clue.

Fair enough. If you prefer a young mind to come in then I'm not sure who that would be. There's no need to overhaul the scheme (4-3, wide9, zone based with a healthy mix of single and two high coverages) so my main preference is that a new DC would not deviate much from what's currently in place. My best case scenario is that Saleh doesn't get a HC gig.

I'm totally with you on this. I'd be a bit worried if Saleh left. He might take Kocurek as his DC. Not sure if he is that qualified for a DC gig though. He might also try and take Peters, McDaniel or LaFleur. I like stability.

Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I think end of the day Kyle wants a certain type of scheme...this team is built a certain way and I don't see a DC changing that.

I think the Kocurek isn't a guarantee to return under a new DC. Not every DC wants to run wide splits in base alignments, especially if it's a DC with a "stop the run first" mentality. In fact, the DCs that use 4-down DL in wide 9 alignments in base are few and far between.

Who are these dinosaurs you speak of?
Coach of the year thus far Imo.
What about DeMeco Ryans?

He has done a great job with Warner/Greenlaw and he wouldn´t change the system at all. It would be the same route of Saleh being a LB´s coach and then a young DC.
Originally posted by mutant-man49:
Who are the top candidates to replace Saleh?

Richard?
Ryans

I agree with NY from a few pages back. If he's available keep a watchful eye on Raheem Morris. He and Kyle go way back. If the Falcons keep winning though under him this will become moot.
This bald poon ain't going anywhere.
Share 49ersWebzone