LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 241 users in the forums

NY Jets HC-Robert Saleh

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 49erGlory:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Rams fans rooting for him to get a HC job too.

Hopefully the upside is that this game gets Robert Saleh the f**king Detroit Lions HC job because f**k that guy.

He doesn't just have McVay's number, but he's up in his kitchen eating his food and f**king his girl.

LoL... Quote of the week.

I mean... Even with that tough week against Miami....hell...our abused back-up corner off an intramural squad was in position basically every damn time he was beat.

People beat up on Saleh that game but from a DC prospective... You really can't ask for much more.
Originally posted by random49er:
LoL... Quote of the week.

I mean... Even with that tough week against Miami....hell...our abused back-up corner off an intramural squad was in position basically every damn time he was beat.

People beat up on Saleh that game but from a DC prospective... You really can't ask for much more.

I agree with this. When things go bad he gets torched. Rightfully so he's the head of the defense. When things go well he doesn't get nearly as much attention positively.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Good sign. We can continue to develop Moore and bring back Cyprien to back up Ward at SS with Harris.

Just curious NC but how much longer are we going to develop Moore ? Seems like we've been developing Moore for 10 years now
Why do you want Quinn if Saleh leaves? ATL defense been ass. Seattle had a ridiculous amount of talent and a strong run game.

I didn't like Saleh at first but he's proved himself as someone that can evolve and tailor his defense to the opponent.

Quinn is stuck in the past and hasn't shown any of that.
Remember when fans were trying to run this man out of town? Man we got some fickle fans.
Originally posted by wailers15:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Good sign. We can continue to develop Moore and bring back Cyprien to back up Ward at SS with Harris.

Just curious NC but how much longer are we going to develop Moore ? Seems like we've been developing Moore for 10 years now

Haha. TBF, he hasn't had a ton of on field snaps and has played 3 different positions from CB to SS to FS. He's the Daniel Brunskill of DB's but with more talent and instincts.
Originally posted by miked1978:
Remember when fans were trying to run this man out of town? Man we got some fickle fans.

Our D was absolutely horrible at points. Just like in the Jimmy Ward thread, people act like these opinions were unfounded.

I'll be the first to admit I wasn't a fan and wanted him gone. I'm glad he's been able to grow as a coach but let's calm down with acting like he's been amazing his entire tenure.
Originally posted by Dsoto87:
Originally posted by miked1978:

Our D was absolutely horrible at points. Just like in the Jimmy Ward thread, people act like these opinions were unfounded.

I'll be the first to admit I wasn't a fan and wanted him gone. I'm glad he's been able to grow as a coach but let's calm down with acting like he's been amazing his entire tenure.

He has improved. I also will not lose any sleep if he gets hired somewhere else.
IMO Saleh is just a guy...he isn't a rare coach you keep at all costs (like DL coach Kocurek) but he is better than a bum like Nolan.

The turnovers that swung the Ram game weren't brilliant scheming or things Saleh drew up.

We didn't confuse Goff with tricky coverage or anything.

Saleh doesn't have a play design for a Jimmy Ward FF in his call sheet.

The players simply balled out.

Our defensive scheme is simple and designed for talent to shine.

We have an extremely talented D when everyone is healthy.

I wish we kept DB coach Woods from last year who left to become DC for CLE but I'm sure a quality DC will want the job if it is open
[ Edited by Tigerlaw on Nov 30, 2020 at 10:27 AM ]
  • thl408
vs GB the 49ers stopped playing their CBs as field/boundary. Verrett was always lined up as RCB with Moseley at LCB. Versus LAR that continued with Verrett always at RCB and Sherman at LCB. Not sure why Saleh has gone away from it with both starting CBs now in the lineup.

Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Saleh has really impressed.

Hate to see him leave.

Dan Quinn would get my vote for DC.

No thanks on Quinn.

If available you can write Raheem Morris In pen as the next DC....Shanny and Morris have been bros since the Tampa days. He wanted him back in 2017.

Also crazy SF would get 2 3rd rd picks if Saleh becomes a HC

Would love to get Morris.

I can almost guarantee it happens if Saleh leaves and Morris isn't named a HC anywhere.
Every year the HC chant starts for some OC or DC because his guys are playing great. Every year we see another former OC or DC that fails as a HC. Different skill sets are involved and many coordinators don't have what it takes to be the top dog.

Saleh is being mentioned as a candidate for the Detroit job. I wouldn't rule out Harbaugh, especially after they lose to Ohio State big. He wouldn't even have to leave the state.
[ Edited by CatchMaster80 on Nov 30, 2020 at 10:42 AM ]
Originally posted by thl408:
vs GB the 49ers stopped playing their CBs as field/boundary. Verrett was always lined up as RCB with Moseley at LCB. Versus LAR that continued with Verrett always at RCB and Sherman at LCB. Not sure why Saleh has gone away from it with both starting CBs now in the lineup.

Only thing I can think is it was to easy to dictate which matchup the offensive coordinator wanted to exploit. And now with Sherman and Verrett playing it really doesn't matter who covers field.

Good eye thl. Thanks.
  • thl408
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

Only thing I can think is it was to easy to dictate which matchup the offensive coordinator wanted to exploit. And now with Sherman and Verrett playing it really doesn't matter who covers field.

That sounds like a very real possibility. Offenses like to attack the field side since there's more space. So Saleh had Sherman/Verrett play field - the superior CBs when compared to Moseley/Spoon/whoever. Now with two good vet CBs, it's not an issue anymore.
Share 49ersWebzone