There are 95 users in the forums

Defensive Coordinator Robert Saleh "He Stay"

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Redandgoldsf:
Are people gonna give Saleh a bunch of credit now for good players showing up big time

Absolutely. We all know his weaknesses and limitations but can also give him credit when credit is due.

I don't think think that's true. When he had the team playing great with all the injuries, that same faction was still ragging on him and giving backhanded compliments. Then after the MIA game you all really got lathered up and and started talking about how much he sucks lol.

I did see fans coming out of the wood works. You're going to get that with him. He's the Jimmy Garoppolo of DC's. Some great stuff in strings and then some WTF-type of stuff and inconsistencies. TBF, former players were also hammering him too but that was based on his work over his career too, not JUST the Miami game. Tendencies. The Miami game just gave them more of a reason to highlight those concerns.
[ Edited by NCommand on Oct 19, 2020 at 10:42 AM ]
Curious what you guys think about this idea, it's obviously a long shot but here it is. There's a report on bleacher report that coach Zimmer may be out in Minnesota as head coach after the slow start with the Vikings. If zimmer gets canned I think he would be a great replacement for saleh as Defensive coordinator. Obviously zimmer would have to go from head coach to coordinator but I think he could really benefit from being a part of the SF organization.
Originally posted by 49ERnation:
Curious what you guys think about this idea, it's obviously a long shot but here it is. There's a report on bleacher report that coach Zimmer may be out in Minnesota as head coach after the slow start with the Vikings. If zimmer gets canned I think he would be a great replacement for saleh as Defensive coordinator. Obviously zimmer would have to go from head coach to coordinator but I think he could really benefit from being a part of the SF organization.

there's most likely going to be some good defensive minds available this off-season and we have enough talent that we're a desirable destination. I think Saleh gets a HC gig this year and these are some guys who all make sense:

Dan Quinn

Anthony Lynn

Mike Zimmer
  • thl408
Originally posted by jonnydel:
there's most likely going to be some good defensive minds available this off-season and we have enough talent that we're a desirable destination. I think Saleh gets a HC gig this year and these are some guys who all make sense:

Dan Quinn
Anthony Lynn
Mike Zimmer
For real (bolded)? I guess a lot depends on what happens the rest of the season, but I don't see how a team can make Saleh head coach after this season.

Also, Anthony Lynn? He has no defensive background.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
I don't think think that's true. When he had the team playing great with all the injuries, that same faction was still ragging on him and giving backhanded compliments. Then after the MIA game you all really got lathered up and and started talking about how much he sucks lol.

In all fairness Saleh was the one responsible for the defensive personnel choices ALLEN specifically and didn't bench him until he gave up 147 yards and essentially 3 tds. That personnel call cost us the game more than anything. Also his choice to start Taylor at Slot cb was a joke. He allowed a 70+ Yard completion to their te

I was banging the table saying Ward to slot, Moore to Fs at the minimum. If he insisted to start Allen at least have safety help on every play to his side.

Anyways, Saleh is a smart coach but he does make some horrible choices and or lack of adjustments. I believe our D got so much better bc of Bosa and Ford not Saleh as a DC. I wanted to promote Woods to DC last year
Originally posted by thl408:

Dan Quinn
Anthony Lynn
Mike Zimmer
For real (bolded)? I guess a lot depends on what happens the rest of the season, but I don't see how a team can make Saleh head coach after this season.

Doh. I confused him and Vance Joseph. My bad. Thought he was a former DC...oops.
this guy still has a job?
  • 9moon
  • Veteran

Dan Quinn
Anthony Lynn
Mike Zimmer

Doh. I confused him and Vance Joseph. My bad. Thought he was a former DC...oops.

Sleeping w/Bienemy gets a head coaching job 1st before Kojak !!!

... and epecially if Trevor Lottery lands in New York... they gonna want an offensive minded coach than someone like Kojak and control Trevor's talent.
Defense is on fire
First half of this week and whole game against Rams superb so far. Haven't expected that. Kudos, Mr. Saleh.

Dan Quinn
Anthony Lynn
Mike Zimmer

All African-Americans do look like same to you? GOT YA!!!!!!
With all these injuries we have an outing like this? This guy deserves to move on next year.
I pray Saleh will copy how Seattle is attacking KM zone read runs. Pretty dam smart
All those injuries, 5th in total defense.
He is doing an amazing job.
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
All those injuries, 5th in total defense.
He is doing an amazing job.

Sure has. He has progressed as a DC
Share 49erswebzone