There are 89 users in the forums

Defensive Coordinator Robert Saleh "He Stay"

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • da209
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ChuckLeavy32:
Has anyone checked on Allen? Started feeling for the guy. Saleh said good luck buddy. Man those teams that thought about bringing him in as a coach are as lucky as gets not to sign him.

seriously. i watched some clips on youtube he was actually running stride for stride with receiver if he'd turned his and he would have had 2 int.
Originally posted by da209:
Originally posted by ChuckLeavy32:
Has anyone checked on Allen? Started feeling for the guy. Saleh said good luck buddy. Man those teams that thought about bringing him in as a coach are as lucky as gets not to sign him.

seriously. i watched some clips on youtube he was actually running stride for stride with receiver if he'd turned his and he would have had 2 int.

He was out of position most of the time but what do you expect from someone who's play mostly special teams

I don't know why they would put him in position to be abused like that

My guess is they are probably getting ready to go away from taller cornerbacks like Seattle often uses and use the smaller quicker corners.

It would make sense since the 49ers don't use their scheme anymore use players that are appropriate for the system
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:

Originally posted by jimrat:

What a clown show..... smfh

Gee whizz Bob you think?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SlowDownBoy:
Gee whizz Bob you think?

him saying this just now makes him just look stupid
This sounds strange but a lot of time coaches on the sideline don't really see the plays well. Viewers at home sometimes see the play better. I've heard Kyle say he didn't see they play when a reporter asks a question after the game They can be focused on a certain player and not actually see the play. That's why you often hear them say after the game that they have to look at the film. They need to see if a certain play was caused by someone else that was supposed to support or whether an individual just blew it. Someone in the booth should have been calling him and letting him know what was happening and maybe they did and until Spoon told him he could go he really didn't have an option.

What looks obvious to us may not be so simple. The coaches know better than we do which players are available and who can move to another position.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
This sounds strange but a lot of time coaches on the sideline don't really see the plays well. Viewers at home sometimes see the play better. I've heard Kyle say he didn't see they play when a reporter asks a question after the game They can be focused on a certain player and not actually see the play. That's why you often hear them say after the game that they have to look at the film. They need to see if a certain play was caused by someone else that was supposed to support or whether an individual just blew it. Someone in the booth should have been calling him and letting him know what was happening and maybe they did and until Spoon told him he could go he really didn't have an option.

What looks obvious to us may not be so simple. The coaches know better than we do which players are available and who can move to another position.

You must be new to the WZ. Welcome new friend
Originally posted by evil:

You must be new to the WZ. Welcome new friend

I would agree but in this instance Saleh knew for 3 series of Allen getting touched even if he couldn't see it. He put him in for a 4th series. Any of us would've taken him out earlier and possibly moved Ward to at least the slot and put Moore at FS. They have the technology to review the plays right after the plays on tablets and such. He should of made personnel changes even if it were a safety bc guaranteed they would of played better than Allen and all our safeties were in fact available
[ Edited by elguapo on Oct 17, 2020 at 6:46 AM ]

• mayo49
  • Veteran

Another CB not playing the ball.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
I wonder if PETTIS can play CB?
Originally posted by 9moon:
I wonder if PETTIS can play CB?

So you're wondering if someone that's afraid of contact can play CB?

No s**t. Any pop warner coach could have predicted this.

Do you think that Belichik would have started Brian Allen?
[ Edited by Monsterniner on Oct 17, 2020 at 5:29 PM ]
Share 49erswebzone