There are 79 users in the forums

Defensive Coordinator Robert Saleh "He Stay"

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Has anyone checked on Allen? Started feeling for the guy. Saleh said good luck buddy. Man those teams that thought about bringing him in as a coach are as lucky as gets not to sign him.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by Thanos89:
Allen looks like Solly trying to cover a running back good lord he just got smoked

Was Allen expecting help over the top? He played it as if he was. I mentioned that the coverage looked skewed as if someone was not where they were supposed to be. Tartt and JTaylor end up double covering one of the slot WRs. That can't be right.

+1
  • thl408
49ers trailing 14-7 at the time. 3rd & goal from the 22 yard line and there is one safety back shading over to the NON-passing strength side of the field. This is a back breaker.
Next time have Saleh use the 'Ask Madden' button. wtf is this
The coverage on the play above looks odd. Okay fine, perhaps a blown coverage? Check this play out.

This is the very next pass play that MIA calls after the DParker touchdown above. What does Saleh dial up? How about the exact same coverage. Similarities to the DParker TD above:
1. Trips to the field side (wider side).
2. Ward will go help on the boundary CB (here it's Spoon).
3. Tartt playing really shallow.

Ward looks like he's playing as a Cover2 safety. Why is Tartt flat footed here? If Tartt is playing as a Quarters safety (49ers in a Cover 6?), then Tartt needs to have more depth and be ready to turn and run with any vertical he sees from a slot WR.

+70. I just don't understand what is supposed to happen from a coverage standpoint on these two plays. Is Tartt the one messing up?
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
Pete Carroll seems to be doing fine with just scrubs on defense. We have more talent on defense than they do, but they're producing.

What defense are you watching in Seattle? lol

They're giving up over 470 yards per game...worst in the league.

Wilson is that whole team, if he got hurt they're a 4 win team.

I know right? Delusional. Their D is absolutely garbage but at least they have a SS that can't get picks for 2 1sts and a 3rd can't wait to pay him 18 mil next year. Also, their D has allowed less yards the last 2 games without him. Weird
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
49ers trailing 14-7 at the time. 3rd & goal from the 22 yard line and there is one safety back shading over to the NON-passing strength side of the field. This is a back breaker.

I was so furious. That's clearly the weakest link on the defense and and you give him no help over the top.
  • thl408
Originally posted by Hopper:
I was so furious. That's clearly the weakest link on the defense and and you give him no help over the top.

I wish we could ask Saleh what the call was here. There's no way the slot WR should be double teamed by Jamar Taylor and Tartt. Someone messed up and left BAllen out to dry and I don't think it's Saleh, on this particular play.

I did mention when he left that we were really going to miss Coach Woods. Still and all...no reason for this...none. Ultimately, DC has to stop this and if he doesn't , next man up...HC...he does. The really awful thing was this was the 3rd time (i may have my 3 ugly pass plays out of order, but still...)this happened in one half.

Somebody was NOT paying attn. This is coaching every bit as much as it is the player...who most fans would agree had no business being out there. And just because the 2nd mess up was a PI with Allen's helmet breaking up the pass...it doesn't matter. Screwup " giganormus"
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on Oct 14, 2020 at 12:25 PM ]
  • Hopper
  • Veteran

I wish we could ask Saleh what the call was here. There's no way the slot WR should be double teamed by Jamar Taylor and Tartt. Someone messed up and left BAllen out to dry and I don't think it's Saleh, on this particular play.

Maybe not but he atleast has to alert Kyle to call a timeout there.
[ Edited by Hopper on Oct 14, 2020 at 2:19 PM ]
Originally posted by SlowDownBoy:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Fire the big baldy b*****d, Bob Saleh.

Nah, but I think he should make some serious changes.

I agree

Like stop blitzing so much

Blitzing isn't a problem. It's that his blitzes/stunts are very predictable. I got mocked for saying this before the season started, but he should study tape on the best front 7 in football, the Pittsburgh Steelers. How they come up with their blitz packages are very creative.

When you see nonsense like this it makes you think that we still can't see these things like in the days before the internet.

Now when you see it and we have all the access to do so it makes you start believing in conspiracy theories and forfeiture of games.

Just silly and crazy as hell

Originally posted by SlowDownBoy:

When you see nonsense like this it makes you think that we still can't see these things like in the days before the internet.

Now when you see it and we have all the access to do so it makes you start believing in conspiracy theories and forfeiture of games.

Just silly and crazy as hell

Love Saleh, but this one is 100% on him. WTF, man? You give safety help over the top of Allen and that play never happens.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Love Saleh, but this one is 100% on him. WTF, man? You give safety help over the top of Allen and that play never happens.

And I would give our coordinator a pass if it was the first or second time he was obliterated but not the hundredth time in less than a half of play.

Either way the injuries are astonishing if we had Sherman or Mosley Bosa or Ford, Fitzpatrick would not even be upright let alone completing those passes down field
Saleh should take a page out of the hoodie's playbook and mix things up by putting Verrett, our best CB atm, on Robert Woods and doubling/bracketing Cooper Kupp. I don't think we have the horses to sit back and play the way he normally wants to play.
[ Edited by Heroism on Oct 15, 2020 at 12:54 PM ]
Share 49erswebzone