LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 285 users in the forums

NY Jets HC-Robert Saleh

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FL9er:
You gotta believe he's taking McDaniel or LaFleur with him if he does get a head coaching job.

Last year it would have been considered a lateral move so no assurances Kyle would have allowed that. Meaning Saleh had to have a backup plan for OC from outside the organization.

That backup plan could have actually been his plan A for all we know so no guarantees he takes one of them.
Ouch.

Speaking the truth. How can you not make and adjustment for #22
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
Ouch.

BEGINING ????

oh damn, where he been at since last year ??

OFFENSE - Shanny ALWAYS wins the 1st quarter... always..
after that is when he gets into trouble.. when he actually has to come up w/a GOOD play call, he gets too cute and next thing you know we're punting..

DEFENSE - Saleh just can't seem to have the unit "DO THEIR JOB" for FOUR quarters..
[ Edited by 9moon on Nov 15, 2020 at 6:56 PM ]
Saleh has coached better than Shanahan this year.
Originally posted by 9moon:
Originally posted by DickNasty:
Originally posted by IGSXIII:
If Denver keeps losing and Saleh gets hired elsewhere things could line up for a Fangio return to SF. Kyle wanted to hire him originally back in 17 but he was still under contract with Chicago.

This would make me so happy!

WHY would you want Fangio back when we've spent the last 4 years drafting players to run the 4-3?

Fangio is a 3-4 DC

I thought he ran a 4-3 under scheme for the most part? I believe he runs a hybrid with 3-4 at times.
Ouch.

Hitner is awesome!
Defense played exceptionally well yesterday. People like to dump on Saleh, but our defense is the least of our issues....especially when you factor in the injuries.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Defense played exceptionally well yesterday. People like to dump on Saleh, but our defense is the least of our issues....especially when you factor in the injuries.
Agree.
Ouch.

I think that's more damning for KS.

I liked him rotating the safeties. It seemed that Moore would play Free and Ward would play Strong in passing situations and he would bring in Harris in running situations. Harris played the 3rd Linebacker as well and #51 was off the field on defense. The Corners are playing really well and #47 held his own against the great Michael Thomas. They are doing their best on the D- line. The Defense is playing well. Kamera was killing Greenlaw is coverage and then they adjusted and put Warner on him and that was that.
[ Edited by Niner4ever on Nov 16, 2020 at 10:05 AM ]
Ouch.

Que the Morgan Freeman "he's right you know."
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

Originally posted by Niner4ever:
I liked him rotating the safeties. It seemed that Moore would play Free and Ward would play Strong in passing situations and he would bring in Harris in running situations. Harris played the 3rd Linebacker as well and #51 was off the field on defense. The Corners are playing really well and #47 held his own against the great Michael Thomas. They are doing their best on the D- line. The Defense is playing well. Kamera was killing Greenlaw is coverage and then they adjusted and put Warner on him and that was that.

They need to stick with the new rotation they did with the safeties plus Harris at SLB yesterday, it worked pretty well. Held a pass heavy Saints to less than 125 passing yards, I know Brees was out in the 2nd half but it's not like he lit it up in the 1st half. Also, credit JV and EM for holding one of the best WR in the league to 2 catches for 27 yards. Great job by our secondary yesterday.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Ouch.

It is! I think Saleh has done a really nice job this year. I agree he's not big on adjustments off script esp. with a WR that's dominating but that's within my realm of normal expectations. Kyle? Not so much. He's been way off all year.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Ouch.

It is! I think Saleh has done a really nice job this year. I agree he's not big on adjustments off script esp. with a WR that's dominating but that's within my realm of normal expectations. Kyle? Not so much. He's been way off all year.

Been very odd. I'm just writing off this whole year lol
Share 49ersWebzone